[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
My main issue is the key size changing. Obviously I would prefer the bigger keys, but above anything else I would like consistency with the keyboard.

Jambanc

Reaction score
Ultra keyboard has resizable keys I got it and it works 4 me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've been on swiftkey for a while and have tried other keyboards too over the past year...if I wanted one of those I'd use one. Thanks for the info though I just prefer stock

rorya22

Reaction score
New to the Android world and looking to try ROM but Clockwork recovery app is not working. When I try to boot into recovery it just reboots the phone. If I hold X during boot it goes to the factory recovery. Anyone have any suggestions. Phone is rooted with z4root and ClockworkMod is version 2.5.0.8.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
New to the Android world and looking to try ROM but Clockwork recovery app is not working. When I try to boot into recovery it just reboots the phone. If I hold X during boot it goes to the factory recovery. Anyone have any suggestions. Phone is rooted with z4root and ClockworkMod is version 2.5.0.8.

Are you sure the phone is rooted then?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

rorya22

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. I am positive the phone is rooted. I get prompted for SU access.

I also tried the search key @ the "Factory Recovery" screen. It only seems to toggle the options on and off. Meaning that when I press it everything go away except ! and android icon.

Is there anything I need to do with the zip file besides put it on the root of the sdcard? I also have another zip file there called update.zip that I have an option for on the "factory recover" screen...

rorya22

Reaction score
JBOXEN,
I will try the other root and see if that makes a difference. But will not be able to until later. Will update once I find anything out. Now I need to get back to work. Thanks.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
These are the best instructions I can give regaurding bootsrapping:

- Install Droid 2 Bootstrapper(Not sure if you bought it from the market or got it online somehwere) so...
From market:
- Install Droid 2 Bootstrapper from the android market
- Open Droid 2 Bootsrapper
- Click "Bootstrap Recovery", wait for su prompt, press allow always, look for success
- Click "Bootstrap Recovery" again, (Couldn't hurt)
- Then Click reboot recovery and it should boot you into ClockworkMod Revovery
From online file:
- Unzip file and extract .apk file to sdcard using a file manager such as ASTRO
- Click on the .apk file and install it
- Exit ASTRO
- Open Droid 2 Bootsrapper
- Click "Bootstrap Recovery", wait for su prompt, press allow always, look for success
- Click "Bootstrap Recovery" again, (Couldn't hurt)
- Then Click reboot recovery and it should boot you into ClockworkMod

Side note:
Make sure your USB debugging is turned on and that you can install 3rd party apps
Settings>Applications>Check off Unknown sources
Settings>Applications>Development>Check off USB debugging

rorya22

Reaction score
Directions were spot on. I am now setting up gummyjar. Thanks a million. Yeah no more blur......

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Directions were spot on. I am now setting up gummyjar. Thanks a million. Yeah no more blur......

Glad I could help! Check out all the theme's available now that you've got it up and running. Just be sure to mount system and data before flashing!

aDroidman

Reaction score
When can we see this for the original droid? What will happen if I flash the d2 rom?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When can we see this for the original droid? What will happen if I flash the d2 rom?

I doubt it will ever be on the Droid 1, and flashing this would probably not work out too well. Most likley a bootloop.