[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

plakius

Reaction score
couldn't get blur email re-installed, so i went with k9. that seems to work well for me.. lots of features. so still rolling with GJ25
excellent rom.

K-9 is the only email application for android ... When I first switch to android I was like OH HELL NO to "conversation emails ... and almost went back but found k9 and D1 was a keeper and DX sealed the deal for me

justinfure

Reaction score
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select DX/D2_GummyJAR-X.X.zip
-reboot

I can find "DX-GummyJAR-2/" but there are multiple files, here is the heirarchy:

DX-GummyJAR-2"
-Meta-INF /
...-com/
......-google/
-System/
...-app/
...-bin/
...-etc/
...-fonts/
...-framework/
...-lib/
...-media/
...-tts/
...-usr/
...-xbin/

But I can't find a file that I can actually select??

dvader

Reaction score
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select DX/D2_GummyJAR-X.X.zip
-reboot

I can find "DX-GummyJAR-2/" but there are multiple files, here is the heirarchy:

DX-GummyJAR-2"
-Meta-INF /
...-com/
......-google/
-System/
...-app/
...-bin/
...-etc/
...-fonts/
...-framework/
...-lib/
...-media/
...-tts/
...-usr/
...-xbin/

But I can't find a file that I can actually select??

you need to go into the zip file with windows.
then copy the zip to your sd card in a folder
and then from the recovery console, just select that zip and it will install it

justinfure

Reaction score

Thanks dvader!

I'm using mac... does that make a difference?

So does the file need to be zipped or unzipped when put onto the SD card?

:::::EDIT::::::
I think i figured it out with zipping it on my mac. feel free to wish me luck :)

:::::EDIT 2:::::
Zipping it with my mac worked. Thanks dvader, mucho appreciated!! :D

dvader

Reaction score

Thanks dvader!

I'm using mac... does that make a difference?

So does the file need to be zipped or unzipped when put onto the SD card?

:::::EDIT::::::
I think i figured it out with zipping it on my mac. feel free to wish me luck :)

:::::EDIT 2:::::
Zipping it with my mac worked. Thanks dvader, mucho appreciated!! :D

i'm sorry, i mis typed. it should say you DON'T need to go into the zip file in windows (or mac in your case)
just copy it to your sd card in a folder you make (say "roms")

boot your phone in to recovery and follow the instructions from that point.

bigyeah

Reaction score
It seems that the Volume when playing back videos is extremely low compared to when playing music. Also, in-call volume seems to be quieter compared to the stock rom. Are there any known fixed to these issues? I would hate to have to switch roms because of this, I love gummy.

justinfure

Reaction score
i'm sorry, i mis typed. it should say you DON'T need to go into the zip file in windows (or mac in your case)

Well, I zipped it and the program actually TRIED to load the file but it didn't actually install :/ I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried both zipped & unzipped.

pinhead875

Reaction score

Well, I zipped it and the program actually TRIED to load the file but it didn't actually install :/ I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried both zipped & unzipped.

Just download the file on the first post. Don't unzip it or anything. Just copy it to the SD card on your phone. The file you download is a zipped file, just leave it alone, transfer it to your card. After it's on your SD card, reboot into clockwork recovery and follow the instructions. You're flashing the zipped file, the phone knows what to do.

compchick813

Reaction score
Hi. I really appreciate what you're doing and this ROM is awesome.

Just two things.

1. Is it possible to make it so that the password/pattern screen only appears after a certain amount of time? It's annoying that I have to reinput my password every time I lock the phone. Can you insert a function that allows me to set a grace period so where if I turn the phone on again within like 15 seconds or so, its just the standard slider screen?

2. I seem to have trouble staying connected to my wireless network. I'm pretty sure its not my router, as every other piece of equipment on my wireless works fin, but sometimes it just refuses to get an ip from the router, but sometime connects and works just fine. Just wondering if this is a known issue or only for myself

I was having wifi issues (I'm running Rubix) and it turned out that it was because of our new Netgear router (now replaced by a Cisco). Are you running a Netgear by chance? If so I can provide more info.

dvader

Reaction score
Hi. I really appreciate what you're doing and this ROM is awesome.

Just two things.

1. Is it possible to make it so that the password/pattern screen only appears after a certain amount of time? It's annoying that I have to reinput my password every time I lock the phone. Can you insert a function that allows me to set a grace period so where if I turn the phone on again within like 15 seconds or so, its just the standard slider screen?

2. I seem to have trouble staying connected to my wireless network. I'm pretty sure its not my router, as every other piece of equipment on my wireless works fin, but sometimes it just refuses to get an ip from the router, but sometime connects and works just fine. Just wondering if this is a known issue or only for myself

I was having wifi issues (I'm running Rubix) and it turned out that it was because of our new Netgear router (now replaced by a Cisco). Are you running a Netgear by chance? If so I can provide more info.

The fix for wifi issues is to run WEP.
I found that because i was running wpa and wpa2, that my router would reboot.. and i had tons of connectivity issues.
this was with a link sys router running custom firmware.
I added a 2nd router, a net gear and put my phones on that AP, still had issues.. router would freeze up all the time.
I read that these phones had issues running anything other than WEP.
so i set my netgear to WEP, left my primary AP (linksys) on wpa2 and just gave the phones there own router running WEP and the rest of my network running wpa2..
have not had a single problem since. no freeze ups, no reboots.. nothing.. everything is working as it should. (with the exception that the phones can't correctly do WPA2 of course)

azndan2

Reaction score
i love you kejar!!! can i have your babies??:heart::heart:
jk, seriously though, I love this rom. 1000x faster than blur. Although I just got my DX today, I had already done research on the various roms and decided on gummyjar. So today when I got it, I flashed this bad boy onto it. easy peasy.

vinnie80

Reaction score
Anyone having GPS issues with this ROM? I love the speed, functionality, and look of this ROM, but I frequently use my GPS, and wasn't able to get it to connect last night after the install. Is there a fix or was this just an isolated incident?

thanks

mcp770

Reaction score
Anyone having GPS issues with this ROM? I love the speed, functionality, and look of this ROM, but I frequently use my GPS, and wasn't able to get it to connect last night after the install. Is there a fix or was this just an isolated incident?

thanks

If you mean navigation you have to make sure you download and install google voice search to get the voice actions back. Then open google maps and manually input an address and hit navigate. After setting up a trip manually once it makes regular navigation work from that point on for some reason.

Valvoline

Reaction score
Thanks for the theme recommendation. Ill check it out.

But what happened to voice input for txting???? That was a real nice feature to have. Is that something I can restore with TiB???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App