[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

doomgazer

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Does it include BackupAssist or should I migrate those contacts over to a gmail account?

Id say battery is about identical for me. Performance is as good or better than apex. Real differences are the blur apps and the lockscreen style. I think gummy is perfect for an everyday/business phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Does it include BackupAssist or should I migrate those contacts over to a gmail account?

Id say battery is about identical for me. Performance is as good or better than apex. Real differences are the blur apps and the lockscreen style. I think gummy is perfect for an everyday/business phone.

I don't think backupassist is included. I never use it, so im only 99% sure.

wprocter

Reaction score
Fantastic Rom...my favorite so far.

I'm a sucker for the old MagicSmokeWallpapers.

Any suggestions on how to add the MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk to the GummyJAR rom?
Here's what I've tried with no luck so far...

Downloaded the standalone apk from several different sources. Also tried pulling it out of several different Droid X roms (including Lithium).

Using root explorer, put the apk in /system/app w/ user permissions to R,W,E ...no group permissions and others W permission.
Mounted back to r/o, exited root explorer and rebooted.

no luck...
closest i got with one apk was that it was actually recognized as a lwp choice, but trying to apply resulted in fc

Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.

Bulldog60

Reaction score
I haven't used any live wallpaper with Gummy because some will not restore from my backup. Is live wallpaper supported? If I try it will I get a boot loop. That whole bootloop thing scares me.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
getting USB reboots. :(

I have found that this happens when you have a running app located on the SD card and then mount and a storage device.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't used any live wallpaper with Gummy because some will not restore from my backup. Is live wallpaper supported? If I try it will I get a boot loop. That whole bootloop thing scares me.

Live wallpapers shouldn't cause boot-loops.

Bulldog60

Reaction score

Live wallpapers shouldn't cause boot-loops.

Thanks. I am still new to all this and your rom was my first and I love it. Thanks for all your hard work. Very well done.

dvader

Reaction score
with regards to the email client that comes with this rom. I have my ISP email and my MSN/hotmail account added. the ISP email seems to work fine.
but with my hotmail account. it keeps marking read messages UNREAD. so i'm constantly getting "new message" alerts, when i go in, i see random messages, that i know for a fact i marked as read, now marked as unread.
it's a pain in the ass.. my ISP email account doesn't seem to do this. and i didn't have that issue with the blur email client.

any ideas/ fix?

I stand corrected. I'm actually getting this on both my ISP email and my hotmail.
the client just randomly marks emails as unread.

I guess i'll try to reinstall the blur client or look into k9

quadjacks

Reaction score
Boot Animation!!

I had Tranq Flashed and have since SBF and flashed this ROM however the boot animation still has Tranq. How do i remove the boot animation! Thanks in advance!:)

mcp770

Reaction score
I had Tranq Flashed and have since SBF and flashed this ROM however the boot animation still has Tranq. How do i remove the boot animation! Thanks in advance!:)

Delete the tranq folder from your sd card and reinstall gummy. That will give you the gummy animation. just clear cache no need for data wipe at this point.

quadjacks

Reaction score

Delete the tranq folder from your sd card and reinstall gummy. That will give you the gummy animation. just clear cache no need for data wipe at this point.
Thnanks, gonna give it a try!

mcp770

Reaction score
Np, had issues with boot loops myself coming from tranquility before I read that the tranq folder on the sd card still trys to do things associated with the tranq toolbox even after the rom is gone. Another reason I like gummy and Rubix so much, less invasive.

dvader

Reaction score
couldn't get blur email re-installed, so i went with k9. that seems to work well for me.. lots of features. so still rolling with GJ25
excellent rom.

plakius

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the predictive text? ... Like when you interest (space) -> (backspace) and then scroll over to interesting and you get interestinteresting .... I use this feature a lot and am a little stumped ... Yes I am dumb and can't spell and when typing fast I tend to hit the wrong form of the word and need to go back and change it... except this doesn't change ... just adds

Sorry if this is a re-post .. i went through all 28 pages and haven't seen anything .. But once again I am not the sharpest tool in the shed so I may have missed it :wacko: