Rom review

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
How does the latest CM7 and MUIU rom stack up against com rom 2.1 or super clean 2.9?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

millwood

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no easy answer for this. As everyone's phone seems to respond a little different to everything. I have not tried CM7, but I have been on the 1.7.22 build of MIUI and love it. It took some getting used to, but the speed is great. I have noticed that my phone does not lag, there are no hiccups between going to apps and such, games play better on the phone, my 3g is more stable, but my battery life is not as good. Just my two cents, but that is where I am at. I came from Com Rom to MIUI and do prefer MIUI over it.

OP
M

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Well thanks for your input, i was starting to everybody is leaving droid forums :-( I'll pry try it although I have great battery life now, almost no issues except I inherited 3g data connectivity issues (but I got that fixed and is working like new) with this rom. Also bout a week ago my phone temporarily locked up and when I rebooted all my apps were force closing and even some unistalled by themselves and lost data on others. I had to hard reset and now is working better than ever, so hmmm. Always looking for something new :)

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I came from com rom and evil, like them at the time but now that miui is here, loving this rom. I tried cm7 wasn't for me. Miui is the way to go. Speed, and stability is awesome. I have no issue with battery as I use the 3500mah getting anywhere between 18-24 hours depending on how often I'm on it. Still on ec01 radio.

MIUI Gingerbread
Glitch HL 1440 oc

OP
M

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Wow that's great! I have stock battery but is easy lasting whole day unless I'm on it real heavy.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
aefc82dc-385c-fae1.jpg

ED05 radio
MIUI Gingerbread
Glitch HL 1440 oc

OP
M

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
I switched to MUIU and wow this rom is so different along with the support it has that's its altogether on a different level then anything I've had so far. Maybe it's just me but it feels like it's more of a smartphone now then before, and I kinda miss the android feel, the smartphone simplicity????? Idk what it is but bottom line is I love this rom and wouldn't consider going back! Much faster, consistently smooth, and extremely customizable.

Sent from my I500 using DroidForums

yummylishouz

Reaction score
since no on on xda EVER responds, I was wondering if anyone has in call/ speaker phone audio issues? I haven't tried miui in a few weeks so maybe its been fixed. any feedback would be appreciated!

OP
M

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
What issues are you talking about? The only thing I noticed is I thought it's quieter then com rom. So I got me a app that lets me turn up the volume and works fine.

Sent from my I500 using DroidForums

yummylishouz

Reaction score
well the in call audio was terrible, so low! and on speaker phone too.. what app do you use? if it works i might switch back.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
No issue on call volume for me. Don't use any apps to Inhance the volume eather. ROM is running awesome here. I have it on my wifes phone as well.

MIUI Gingerbread
Glitch HL 1440 oc