[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

listenman20

Reaction score
yeah if i had beat eagle to it i'da told ya to come to irc to find out....lol

bigdad63

Reaction score
I keep getting download errors whether wifi 3g computer or phone. It says it's downloaded completely @ 73507 kb but when I try to transfer it websharing shuts down with errors. Any ideas?:mad:

what are you d/ling?

if you'll come to IRC channel will try to help ya out better.

Sorry for the vagueness. 2.0 and I think my msd card might be getting ready to crash. I went from 6 free gb to zero in one hr. Thanks for the reply.:icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ah ok

I keep getting download errors whether wifi 3g computer or phone. It says it's downloaded completely @ 73507 kb but when I try to transfer it websharing shuts down with errors. Any ideas?:mad:

what are you d/ling?

if you'll come to IRC channel will try to help ya out better.

Sorry for the vagueness. 2.0 and I think my msd card might be getting ready to crash. I went from 6 free gb to zero in one hr. Thanks for the reply.:icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing:

yeah if the drive its coping to is full thats a problem :)

leonozug

Reaction score
Loaded this up yesterday and last night I realized my Set CPU was not governing the speed I set it to. It was running full bore and killing my battery. So then I tried switching kernel with one in the settings menu and it still didn't work. I would slow the speed down to 600 and set it to consertive and back out of Set CPU, but then go back in the it would be set back to on demand and the speed would be back on 1100. I checked it with the Android System Info app and sure enough it was running wide open.

When I flashed the Rom, I got rid of the speed governor that came with it, to use Set CPU instead. Did that cause my problem?

Thanks!!

Riley

Reaction score
Loaded it up for a test drive last night. Nice work! My market didn't want to download my apps fro some odd reason, but after a reboot it started grabbing them no problem. I'll tell you only running the stock kernel at 125-800 this is smooth and fast. No lag, and cool transitions. I'm running ADW EX and uninstalled the other launchers. Working great! Nice little tweeks, and features all over the place. I loaded up BlackOut theme and really liking it all. Props to you guys!

bpassino

Reaction score
Just donated!! This rom is insane, been running since last nite with zero issues! Will make me forget about gingerbread for awhile. Can't believe u guys incorporated cm kernel with the milestone app, flippin awesome! Nice work fedancedroidllas!!!

What is the Milestone app?

IN a nutshell.... the milestone app lets you select the frequency and the voltage, try it out without rebooting to ake sure your phone runs with it. If you like it you select to set it at boot and you are good to go. no more loading kernels to find oen you like.

Thanks, sounds neat. I think I'll stick with slayher though.

nornevrder

Reaction score
I had the "take a toke up on smoke"
Checked all day yesterday and last night and I couldn't see anything different. I don’t know what is a easter egg for the droid, but it is still checked.
Sent From The Top Of The World

bpassino

Reaction score
When you get those airmail notifications and you click on the notification, is it supposed to do something besides taking you to a blank screen? Edit: I see this was addressed. please don't flame me. I often read the forums backwards until i see messages I've read before, then i know i am up to date.

Last edited:

bpassino

Reaction score
Is their somewhere to find out exactly what those alternate apps are. ex in the scripts there is alt browser 1 & 2, alt mms 1 &2. A description would be nice.

ultimateD1

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing serious battery drops? Mine just dropped from 80 to 50 about a minute...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

darkmatter

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing serious battery drops? Mine just dropped from 80 to 50 about a minute...

yea, I noticed mine went from 100, I unplugged it and it said 80, plugged it back in and got that charging bolt on the battery icon. 2 mins later it was back to 100.

And I run cpu tuner, which throttles the cpu based on battery life.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score

I have had this kind of thing happen from time to time and I always assumed that it was because my recorded battery stats are different with a new setup than they used to be. Have you tried clearing the stats and letting the phone re-learn the battery's characteristics?

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
Strange happenings

I have had two strange things this morning and up until now 2.0 had been going pretty well for me.

1. Noticed an update of Angry Birds in the market today and tried to install it (three times now) and every time I get an installation fail and the phone reboots.

2. I use Doggcatcher to listen to podcasts. Lots of podcasts. For some reason when I am in 2.0 I cannot restore all of my feed settings and downloads. I have tried using its own internal backup/restore and I have tried using Titanium and nothing brings back my settings. I even uninstalled the app and re-downloaded from the market and I still can't restore my settings.

Slacker is also being kind of weird this morning too, but that could just be their problem.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
morning

uh these regular hours and havig to actually go to work is killing me :)

1) No the alt apps dont tell you what they are thats because they witch out depending on whats cool at the time its all part of the magic you never know whats in there.
but the second browser will most likely always be the miren browser.

2) cpu throttle. --have you run the milestone app(cpu customazation) just a thought.
havent seen any problems here with cpu boost or set cpu not holding the frequencies. ill be home from work by 7pm mst drop by irc tonight and well see if we can figure this out.

3)gimpa- id try 2 things. look at your space on sdcard. look at space on system/app, try downloading it from the webbased market that would eliminate if its a market problem. Sounds like a not having anywhere to write to problem.

Last edited:

mikedav1

Reaction score
I have had two strange things this morning and up until now 2.0 had been going pretty well for me.

1. Noticed an update of Angry Birds in the market today and tried to install it (three times now) and every time I get an installation fail and the phone reboots.

I had the same problem with Angry Birds update. But, it happened on UD and SS roms too. The problem is deeper than the rom.
On a happy note, the batt life is great for me. Had to reboot about 3 times and then all was smooth. I also use LP, so i deleted ASW launcher. That helped with the smoothness too.

Status
Not open for further replies.