[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Discussion in 'Sourcery ROM' started by gflam, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aj8600

aj8600 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Black on black text in the pull down bar on the urban theme

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    goto magic tweaks and set it

may themes are now with texts that may not match up with the pulldowns and such
    because you can now change them from maigc tweaks.

3. thac

thac Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may be somewhere or may not be, but is there any way to get a display image pointing to which text is which on the notification/status bars?

4. bpassino

bpassino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the Milestone app?

5. T-Dev

T-Dev Member

Ratings:
    +0

IN a nutshell.... the milestone app lets you select the frequency and the voltage, try it out without rebooting to ake sure your phone runs with it. If you like it you select to set it at boot and you are good to go. no more loading kernels to find oen you like.

6. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanx eagle. Kind of s dumb question but is the push notification just that a notification. Can u only read it in the bar cause I cannot seem to figure out how to open and read the notification. I may a eaten to many dummy wearies this morning

Sent From The Top Of The World

7. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    your right

Yeah for now thats all it does. But were woriking on improving it and adding more capabilities. but didnt want to hold up 2.0 since we can do that after release.
    only prob is size is limited and that one i sendt out for 24 hour update was too long.
    the end was the..magic it just only showed to the. :)

8. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +157
    I think that it just displays on the notification pull down. The reason being that I received one earlier saying there were over six hundred downloads of Sourcery 2.0. I clicked on the notification and it took me to a screen which just said "Push Notification" and nothing more. Is this what it's designed to do? :icon_eek:

-Mike

9. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just loaded V2.0 up this afternoon for the first time coming from Miui and I have to say, you guys did an amazing job...you pretty much thought of every option you could possibly think of to include in this Rom!! Very fast and smooth. ADW was bothering me so I put Launcher Pro on it, and then it was complete. Thanks!! :)

10. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +157
    ADW annoys me too, so the first thing I do usually is switch to LiveHome. That solves the ADW scenario.

-Mike

11. quinolin

quinolin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heya Team Sourcery,

First of, thanks for all your hard work to get 2.0 out. I've been a fan of your ROMs since they first came out, so I gave it a try today.

As usual for you guys, tons of customization options - I'm sure that's what most people like about it.

But I also ran into a few issues:
    * Restoring apps was a bit a pain, didn't restore anything from market by itself, so I restored them via TiBu.
    * My battery life seems to be taking a beating on 2.0. Went from fully charged (it was on the charger for a few hours) to 20% in a few hours with medium usage at best (Slayher 1Gz kernel, interactive, with SetCPU on it). That same kernel on other ROMs was giving me better battery life for sure, so that's a bit of a downer.
    * Some of the apps you can install via sourcery magic didn't install at all for me (wireless tether for example).
    * The modified contact app #2 doesn't show contact info for favorites, so I went to modified app #1 - which is less appealing to me, but it doesn't have that problem.
    * The ROM comes with that app "iHear Network" - not sure why one would include this type of app with a ROM, but whatever. I don't have any need for this app, but there is no option to un-install it in Sourcery Magic, nor can I uninstall it through app manager...

I also don't particularly like the scrolling "sourcery" on the lockscreen, but that's just a matter of personal preference I suppose.

But overall, a nice improvement from 1.3, keep up the good work :)

12. listenman20

listenman20 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

market can be funny like that...while testing i had that happen a couple of times, but then next time it worked like a charm.

battery life hopefully will improve...i usually have worse battery life until a couple of reboots have gone by.

you didn't install a version of wireless tether from your tibu restore that's interfering? it worked for me during test. we'll get back to this one.

modified contact apps are just that...modified....actually went in to test this. can you be more specific on this? mine shows contact info on my favorites.

the iHear network was a cute app eagle1967 found and got permission to use since it was listed in market as a teleporter. thot it fit right in with the magic. can use a file manager to delete it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  13. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Locking to memory doesn't make it act faster. It makes the system keep it in memory so it doesn't have to redraw every time you exit an app.

14. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I don't have any option to select to accept pushes. It just asks me if I've backed up and then attempts to update.

PS- Gotta' change my sig.

15. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same for me. No problems after my restore from titanium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
black smokey background
black smokey backgrounds
black smoky background
fire art
smokey background
smokey backround

smoky background

smoky backgrounds