Status
Not open for further replies.

markwebb

Reaction score
exciting. Dl' ing now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dawg72

Reaction score
I'm so excited. Rockin 2.0 right now. Checking things out but looks AWESOME so far!! thanks guys!

bpassino

Reaction score
Good work guys.. wish i could be a bigger part today. How did my alarm clock fix work?

Didn't end up needing your fix using the adw themes Chizzele ended up getting my method working along with getting the custom backgrounds to work :icon_ banana:

You were a big help with testing though over the past few days as well

Is it me, or is ADW noticeably laggier than launcherPro?

scottfreeze

Reaction score
Restoring Sourcery backup fails

Hi guys,

Seems like this is going to be a very smooth ROM, but for right now I'm having an issue. I did a full backup of apps, data, and extras from the Sourcery Magic menu in 1.3. I double-checked the Sourcery_Backup folder on the SD card, and all the expected items are there. Next I installed 2.0 and GApps (with wipe). Upon first boot, I skipped the Google account login, and tried to restore the Sourcery backup to avoid a long market-based reinstallation of my apps (I usually do this with TiBu, but at the suggestion of the devs I didn't use that this time). However, after clicking the "full restore", I get the "magic takes time" message for only about 10 seconds, and then seemingly nothing ends up being restored. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Freeze

nornevrder

Reaction score
Very nice gentleman. Its working well no problems here. Like the music app however the widget for it is terrible.

Sent From The Top Of The World

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Mister Freeze
Did you get asked for or to approve superuser rights or see the message that rights were granted to multiple packages?
If not maybe try to clear su data in the app and try again, otherwise it may be the ying to the yang that is the backup script not working issues, mentioned in the OP.
Can't wait for MTV to realize everyone is at dforums and they release their newest piece of trash, The OP.
DWB
like my parole officer said
weekends were made for flashing

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Who suggested using the backup script and not doing a nandroid or anything like that? The op says it's ify and the website says to do a nandroid as well. The backup script was originally by jrummy an awesome script writer and dev who has taught and helped me with bash more than u can imagine. His script was tweaked a bit to work for us it also had a function added to it but still needs some work. I may end up scrapping that one and writing one myself but I have always said to do a nandroid as well. We just don't like titanium backup, I personally like mybackup pro and that is what I use. However please send me a pm I know what ur problem is with restoring.

jhuntdog

Reaction score
Running Sourcery V2 and loving it. I really like how when you apply a sourcery theme, eg, sourcery blue, you get to see the terminal showing the processes going on.

Excellent work team sourcery!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Who suggested using the backup script and not doing a nandroid or anything like that? The op says it's ify and the website says to do a nandroid as well. The backup script was originally by jrummy an awesome script writer and dev who has taught and helped me with bash more than u can imagine. His script was tweaked a bit to work for us it also had a function added to it but still needs some work. I may end up scrapping that one and writing one myself but I have always said to do a nandroid as well. We just don't like titanium backup, I personally like mybackup pro and that is what I use. However please send me a pm I know what ur problem is with restoring.

Easy GFLAM
Read what I wrote, I was saying you mentioned script was ify and that was my suggestion as to why his install from backed up from 1.3 might not be working on 2.0. I was just repeating you mentioning the bkscript problem.
Sorry if that gave the wrong impression.
I was just guessing as to an explanation to his woes.
Hope all is good

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha all is good ur suggestion was spot on and it's good others can help me and eagle can't be here 24/7 answering questions and deving ha but I just wanted to add for him to send me a pm if he didn't have a backup I could have what he has restored through another script I have

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Good work guys.. wish i could be a bigger part today. How did my alarm clock fix work?

Didn't end up needing your fix using the adw themes Chizzele ended up getting my method working along with getting the custom backgrounds to work :icon_ banana:

Adw can be locked into system memory to act faster... lp and adw tipically perform the same..

segdoh49

Reaction score
If I get to France without my left arm and right leg again, I'm going to switch Roms.
Damn Transporter !!!!

robodroido

Reaction score
Great rom

Just the best rom a motorola droid can have. looking for the sourcery wallpaper the one with the hands y the rabbit inside the hat. already look on the sourcery web site dint find'it can i have it please....

bpassino

Reaction score

Adw can be locked into system memory to act faster... lp and adw tipically perform the same..

For me the lag is quite notible. I never lock LP and it is fast..I like the idea of theming adw but I love LP agenda widget. I miss the number of desktop settings in adwe

Status
Not open for further replies.