[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbobbitt

Reaction score
I have noticed that sometimes when i send a text, it is not received. And I do not reveive all my texts. I have bounced around between Handscent, Go and stock. I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with the ROM, but just wondered if anyone else experienced this and what a fix may be.

This is just a thought but check to see if you have limits on your texting, I always uncheck delete old messages or change the max limits of SMS and MMS in settings.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I manage at the moment 15 themes so all of their apps as well as 106 framework-res.apk's so it can get a little crazy sometimes and some things may get mixed up if you can give me a few that have a different phone.apk i can fix it for you soon.

As for the phone.apk, the problem is definitely with Evolution and Gingerbread themes that I know of; I also tried Live Wire, Incinerated and Infinite Chaos but do not remember if it was with them as well. I didn't try any others yet.

I totally understand about being real busy and things falling through the cracks. You do a great job managing it. Take your time fixing, it's not a deal-breaker or brick-maker.

Thanks.

I've used Infinite Chaos and Incinerated on V2.0, and experienced no problems with the phone, what so ever.

-Mike

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No you wouldn't there's no problems with the Phone.apk what so ever it's just some of the themes apparently have different ones with different options. All of the phone.apks work as they should they're just missing some of the features such as going to the call log or not when hanging up etc just small little features you probably didn't even know where there lol :)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
No you wouldn't there's no problems with the Phone.apk what so ever it's just some of the themes apparently have different ones with different options. All of the phone.apks work as they should they're just missing some of the features such as going to the call log or not when hanging up etc just small little features you probably didn't even know where there lol :)

Ahh, now I see your point. I was thinking the people were faulting the phone.apk itself. :)

-Mike

donerico

Reaction score
Very strange

This only seems to happen when I am running Sourcery 2.0.
My touch screen suddenly becomes erratic. When I am using swype the trace is all over the place. I also tried a free hand drawing app and find the same behavior a straight line becomes a jagged line. Anybody seen this?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
My touch screen suddenly becomes erratic. When I am using swype the trace is all over the place. I also tried a free hand drawing app and find the same behavior a straight line becomes a jagged line. Anybody seen this?

Is your phone plugged in to a charger?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

I have not experienced this at all. Everything has been snappy and responsive.

Did you wipe prior to install? Also, I've seen the htc calibration app out there ... may try and get your hands on it??

donerico

Reaction score

The first time I saw it was plugged in, but since then it has happened off charger. I switch to another ROM and it works fine, back to Sourcery 2.0 and it works for a while and then the problem returns. I cannot imagine why this would have anything possible to do with the ROM though. Maybe I'll try wiping again and re-installing (I did wipe before the current installation)

donerico

Reaction score

I have not experienced this at all. Everything has been snappy and responsive.

Did you wipe prior to install? Also, I've seen the htc calibration app out there ... may try and get your hands on it??

I did wipe, but will try the installation again and see what happens.

donerico

Reaction score

OK, I flashed another ROM, plugged the phone into a charger and am getting the same problem, what does this mean?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

OK, I flashed another ROM, plugged the phone into a charger and am getting the same problem, what does this mean?

IDK, that's a new one on me. Maybe try searching over on the rescue squad section ... hopefully there will be some useful info there!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
It has been reported quite a bit with all of the current ROMs out.
Plugged in is usually the cause, and on some, Swype has issues regardless of charge or not.
At first we talked about the latest code made the screen more resposive, but that isn't the case or at least not the cause.
But I do wonder if it is possible that entropy has come into play with all of our OGs, and making itself evident in the more sensitive things first.
Just like how ROM manager has seemed to have more issues in the recent past then ever before when it used to be flawless and solid and always reliable.

Then again I may be completely wrong, you going to trust a man named URCERY?

darkmatter

Reaction score
As with 1.3, I'm still having crashes while listening to music via Player Pro (by far my favorite music player) and internet access. Usually its the browser. But I've had it crash while using tapatalk and navigation. These are battery pull crashes, not reboots.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Dark, did you fully clean up after yourself before flashing?
Since you mentioned battery pulls, which is bigger than just fc, sometimes due to too much memory load.
I have been on the browser like captain mauser.
Downloaded probably a couple hundo mbs all in one session and not even a fc due to load.
I use dolphin mini, only other idea is your browser if not mini is pulling more demand than the ol bird can handle.

But as one can guess, not my area of expertise. Now pre-eighteenth century Bailo-Russian dancing, thats another story

Status
Not open for further replies.