{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. mikebaltierra

mikebaltierra New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's not the ROM, its the Corporate Mail App. Every ROM I have tried, Exchange fails...So I installed Secure EAS and no problems since

2. adjacks86

adjacks86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's not the ROM, its the Corporate Mail App. Every ROM I have tried, Exchange fails...So I installed Secure EAS and no problems since[/QUOTE]

What about the battery issue? I'm having the same problem with my batt dying really fast. I've tried wiping battery stats after an over night charge and running the phone til it is dead and the charging it back up but that hasn't worked, it still dies pretty fast.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

3. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "Fast" is a relative term. Always depends on what your running and if something is hogging power, etc. Lastly, considering the age of these phones, I wouldn't be surprised if your battery is simply dead. What's the reported capacity of your battery? Have you tried seeing what is sucking down the power? Have you tried a different kernel?

Bottom line, MANY of us ran this ROM without battery issues (I certainly didn't have any problems)... so it sounds like a usage/expectation issue.

4. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I just want to say one thing about battery issues. Well most of us with droids still have the orginal battery and charge the phone every for a year or more now. so with that being said thats def not good for the battery and I'm sure alot of people just need to replace the battery. A few months back I replaced mine and the difference is like night and day. Not saying eveyone that has a battery problem has a bad battery but I'm sure a decent anoumt of people do need new batteries.
    Also if you clear battery stats after clearing them let your phone die then plug it in and charge it to 100 percent then let it die again before charging. this should hopefully help a little bit.

5. adjacks86

adjacks86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well my battery usually lasts maybe 3 to 5 hrs and I've just started trying a different kernel to see if that will help and using setcpu as of last night. Setting different profiles with that so I don't know if that'll help yet. As far as my battery, it says it's good. It'll charge up to 4218mv and the only thing hogging the battery is the display even after turning the brightness all the way down.

I'll try wiping battery stats from 100% again letting it die, then charging it back to 100 and letting it die again to see if that help. And I know I use alot of battery drainers like wireless tether and such so I'm going to try not using those if I can and see if work. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

6. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like time for a new battery! Kernels, wiping stats won't help a whole lot if ur only getting 3-5 hrs already

Sent from my Droid

7. adjacks86

adjacks86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, that's the norm but sometimes it's 8 hrs with heavy use so idk. If nothing works any better then next pay day I'll get a new one.

8. bluesupra

bluesupra New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great ROM.. but please can you make it to support wifi adhoc ... or is there anyone know how to connect to wifi adhoc on gingerbread

9. mikaselm

mikaselm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Soooo pretty *drool*

I feel like I have a brand new phone This rom rocks, best I've tried.
    I do a have a question, though, and maybe it's a dumb one. I love the stock theme, it just looks very clean. However, the orange highlights on the keyboard, or when you tap a menu option, things like that are always orange. I found the setting to change the overscroll glow (love that) and I thought, if someone thought of changing that, probably there's a way to quickly change the highlight color without installing a whole new theme?

If so, where is this option located? If not, anyone know of a theme very similar to the stock theme but with cyan-ish bluish highlights?

Thanks!!!

10. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's a launcher pro setting under appearance then I think highlight color

11. mikaselm

mikaselm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found that one, but that only changes the highlight color for the icons on the home screens. I'm looking for a change in the menu highlight colors and on the keyboard.

thanks tho

Search tags for this page

aosp gingerbread droid x

archive for project elite gb downloads
contact elite.gb.net loc:us
download fb ui liar v5
droid x 621 aosp gb

droid x aosp gingerbread

gingerbread /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
liar rom v5
pegbv5.zip
project elite v5 rom