{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1
    so is there any chance of gb working on our phones?...i fkn HATE it...i dont know how all u guys actually like it? i mean i like the select text feature n stuff but it plain sucks n if you dont think it does your high...the memory management is the worst ever my phone isnt functional half the time n slow as shiz when i lock in more then one app...is there any hope for gb on our og droids?

dont take my rant as a shot at pe i love pe and everything u guys do but once honeycomb theme is ported back to 4.2 im dippin back....one question are you guys gonna work or add updates to 4.2 at all id loveee the lockscreen options on 4.2....i know its askin for a lot but coming from a flawless phone on pe4.2 to gb's numerous flaws im so over it im done dealing with flash websites closing automatically my camera being super buggy and my phone being jittery n hanging horribly at times and my sms/mms problems bc of gb's faulty memory problems

2. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1
    and before i get it runs perfect for me blah blah....ur lying to yourself

3. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    I agree that gb has some serious memory management issues. This the first version of PEGB and I'm sure they will do a good job ironing out the flaws through the future releases. You have to give credit where it is due. Actngrezy and mojo have done a fantastic job with it so far. I'm back to 4.2 as well until the problems are ironed out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. ViolentSage

ViolentSage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a bit of an issue. I just flashed this and updated it but now I'm not able to mount my SD card to my computer. I try to press the button in the notification bar and it just cycles through and doesn't open. Any suggestions?

5. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1

again dont mistake my intentions....i been nothing but praising act since pe2 n always running pe by far the best worked on by the best devs(actngrezy n mojo)...i just given up on gb ive tried runnin this rom and it is by far the best gb rom out....its just gb sucks lol once the memory problems can be fixed im all for it but its too important to the normal functions of the phone

6. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1
    and for the people with fb sync problems.....another thing i hate about gb is the contact sync problems....what u guys gotta do is goto your contacts edit contact then menu and click join...join it with the existing contact and then if that doesnt go in again n join it with the fb one and w.e contact names for that person.....after that go into their profile n pictures n load em n it should sync the pic

7. bob24260

bob24260 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it strange I have not had one single issue.FB sync works fine for me.Pictures sync from FB just fine too.Its a mystery to me why some have boatloads of problems and some none at all.Any ideas?

Sent from my PE DeLorean sans Flux Capacitor

8. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, not lying to myself. This ROM is flawless for me. I do not have a single bug. I've locked home, messaging, and my music app into memory to avoid them being killed and it works great. And I still don't have a single bit of lag on my phone. I charge my phone overnight and take it off around 6:30am. When I put it back on the charger (between 10-11pm) I'm, at worst, sitting at 30% battery life (I'm using the 1.0Ghz LV by Raidzero). Totally acceptable for me. My phone doesn't lose 3G after calls. My contacts synced perfectly with Facebook - including pictures. Seriously, I don't have a single problem with this ROM.

So here's my question for you. Did you wipe before installing? And I mean fully wipe - not just wipe data/cache from within ROM Manager. Did you wipe data/cache, format boot and system and clear dalvik cache? And did you do it multiple times? Because I've noticed a theme amongst those of us who don't have major issues with GB ROMs - we wiped our phones completely and did so 3-5 times before flasing the ROM. I'm starting to think it's more than luck or coincidence that these ROMs work so well for us.

9. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1
    keep ur lies and/or delusions to yourself(or selves)...either that or your just to ignorant to realize problems with your phone while ur using it or u doing use your phone enough….

and no I didn’t wipe I just flashed with sprecovery n I loaded apps from 4.2 with titanium including data like normal…sigh

10. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep in mind GB wasn't meant the DROID, they ported it...There is a reason that we haven't seen an OTA update for it from Verizon!

11. Alastrionia

Alastrionia Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    please refrain from making insulting and rude remarks like this.
    don't assume you're smarter than others in using your phone.
    don't assume others are ignorant.

ALL DROID PHONES ARE DIFFERENT - remember that fact

be constructive in your remarks and respectful of others

12. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Always make sure you wipe before flashing..and consider installing clockworkmod recovery!

Search tags for this page

aosp gingerbread droid x

archive for project elite gb downloads
contact elite.gb.net loc:us
download fb ui liar v5
droid x 621 aosp gb

droid x aosp gingerbread

gingerbread /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
liar rom v5
pegbv5.zip
project elite v5 rom