{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Feb 23, 2011.

1. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The FB syncing VS GB doesn't seem correct. All my FB contacts sync just fine... each time I've flashed, wiped, etc with the couple GB roms - they always synced. Now I know issues arise when you have FB App on your SD card - maybe not a sync issue, but other issues for sure - but ya never know.

2. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    NOW, issues that I have... I've had quite the few headaches with PE5. So much so that I went and tried Pete's GPA13. But after being spoiled with custom ROMs, I couldn't take it and came back to PE5 to give it another try - by doing a Nandroid restore of all things - and a lot of issues seemed to magically disappear ?? Idk... Not complaining, but I do still have some performance issues. I still get lag for certain things. Phone calls and screen wake, sometimes takes like 4 rings before I even get the screen to light up. It'll vibrate like hell, but it wont come up. I turned off PE5's CPU governor to use SetCPU so that I could use profiles and not have anything conflict. I'm using one of Pete's new GB Kernels - His LV 1Ghz. Lowest setting is at 450, which is higher than what I've had my phone set before - been as low as 250, but that slowly created problems too. I also get lag for texts too. Using handcent with popup notification/reply windows, and that will lag pretty bad sometimes between actually showing up, and making the sound. BUT.... BUT!... My SetCPU widget is actually UPDATING now! I can watch the frequencies change profiles on screen-on, charger plug in, etc... it used to not update at all, temps, freqs, nothing. Like I said, all I did was restore via nandroid.

SO..... Ideas on getting rid of lag? I'm using OnDemand. I've seen interactive a lot lately. Try it? Better? Maybe SV Kernal? I've always used LV or ULV's, would suck if I needed to go to a SV for GB - Although I can kinda see the logic to where it might "need" a higher voltage, being the "hog" of a rom that it is.

Feedback?! THANKS!

3. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What I'm seeing is:

• Last week I went to call a friend whom I got their # off of FB -- my phone showed them as a contact as if they were synced.
    • contact photos however DO NOT sync. Anybody who puts FB on their SD card is a fool when it serves a vital purpose.
    So my question is: do your photos sync as well? How are you syncing (all contacts or just existing)?

4. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, photos and all. I used to have issues pretty badly with photos not syncing, used to have to toggle names etc to get it to "realize" who that contact was, but it's like magic now. I ONLY ever use "existing" as I don't want every Joe Schmo on FB in my phonebook - That's why I have the App ;)

5. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and you're using PE5?

6. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct, Sir. 5.0.2 to be exact.

7. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea --I didn't get photos synced :/ WTF!

8. droidlady05

droidlady05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. droidlady05

droidlady05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you log into Facebook on your Droid hit the button that says sync with existing contacts. In approximately ten minutes then photos from Facebook will populate in your contacts. At least it does for me. I'm running 5.0.2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. robbyoconnor

robbyoconnor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't work when syncing all contacts -- photos don't load.

12. jpin321

jpin321 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Setcpu caused me to have lag not sure why. Definitely set your governor to interactive, on demand is a little slow to ramp up. Let PE mange the cpu speed you will see beter performance.

Also clear your dalvik cache settings/elite settings/maintenance ...I think. That helps me alot. Also I'm running chevys 1.1 ulv kernal. It much faster than Pete's.

Hope that helps some.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

aosp gingerbread droid x

archive for project elite gb downloads
contact elite.gb.net loc:us
download fb ui liar v5
droid x 621 aosp gb

droid x aosp gingerbread

gingerbread /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
liar rom v5
pegbv5.zip