{ROM RELEASE Project Elite v6.5 2.3.4 Final

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jefbystereo

jefbystereo Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, the music player skips a ton for me too. Fortunately I mostly use the phone for pandora*.

*which as a side note, sounds fantastic on GB (or just this rom). I always hated pandora on froyo but it sounds great now.

2. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed music skipping somewhat but I use PowerAmp so I just went into the settings and changed the audio buffer to large and no more skips in PA at least. Maybe someone could figure out how to change the buffer for the default music app and that might solve the problem.

BTW, although people may not want to pay for a new music player PowerAmp is really good. It has a 10channel equalizer, a nice set of widgets, downloads album art, and it actually reads the tags on my FLAC music. Unfortunately the default player doesn't seem read the tags on FLAC files so they are all just listed as "unknown artist" in the stock Google player.

3. jrredho

jrredho Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I know that there have been many "Attaboys" thrown out in this thread already, but I'm going to throw out another one one right now anyway: Thanks, guys, for keeping my OG Droid relevant! This new ROM kicks a$$.

Fwiw, and this may be appropriate for some of those having problems with the ROM, my droid has shown itself to be pretty non-robust, but I've had total success since I quit using TiBu for ROM installs (although I do still use it to restore some data-only, for apps like LauncherPro or TweetDeck); I now use Google's sync exclusively.

I am a card-carrying $$ donor to this effort. I encourage those among you who haven't done so already to get with the program. :)

cheers,
    john

4. EFGantry

EFGantry Member

Ratings:
    +6
    i had this same issue with v5 and beta v6. but, with this version, it hasn't happened to me at all. it may be a kernel issue - i've tried CorCor, PE v3, PE v4, and Chevy kernels, and they all work fine on this rom. others have raved about the dePrimed kernel, too. maybe give those a shot??

5. Paleogirl2003

Paleogirl2003 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Picture Message issue

Anyone else having the picture message issue? I had it when the last PE GB version came out, so I switched back to 4.2, and I was really hoping that it didn't happen in 6.5

I am using handcent, but it also happens in stock messaging. The message comes in, but just says downloading forever and you never get the picture.

I did a full wipe and did not restore anything via titanium because I just rooted this phone 5 minutes prior to installing PE6.5 using SuperOneClick

Also, the "High Priority Launcher" setting works great for me, haven't had one redraw since enabling that option. I also turned off screen animations since it makes it feel even faster :)

besides this messaging issue, this rom is phenomenal, my og is flying!

Any help would be most appreciated!

6. Smitees

Smitees New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having issues trying to install v4 1.05ghz LV kernel. I am using raidzero 2.0.3 recovery and renamed the kernel to update.zip and installed the kernel like a rom or theme.

I get the following messages:

2.6.32.9 Kernel V4...

Extracting files...
    Setting permissions...
    Flashing kernel...

Install from sdcard complete.

Problem is when I go into my Kernel settings under Elite Options nothing is selected and I don't see that kernel listed I just installed.

I also tried the exact same steps with Chevy's 1.1ghz LV kernel and got the same results, no error messages but not listed in the kernel list.

Is there something I could be doing wrong as to why the kernel is not taking.

7. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Ratings:
    +2
    Go to setting -> about phone -> and scroll down to kernel. It will tell you which is installed. The install most likely took, you were just looking in the wrong place.

Also with RZR, you dont need to rename your files "update.zip".

Beamed down from my Droid 3

8. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have had the same issue. It appears to be related to the data connection. If your on wifi, it won't download the pic. You need to have 3G data active.
    That could be your issue.

9. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I see alot of people have actually came from froyo pe 4.2 (not sure if any came from any other froyo rom) and it seems most who have came from froyo might actually be staying with gingerbread now and i just wanted to say I'm glad you gave it a chance and are liking the ROM.

Also I also have noticed a lot of people like the new high priority launcher option and are having no redraws with this option. Glad to see it worked out for most!

10. Paleogirl2003

Paleogirl2003 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tested on both 3g and wifi with the same result :(

Also, the lock screen toggle in the nonfiction bar no longer functions - the icon still turns on and off but the lock screen never toggles back on

11. NebraskaX24

NebraskaX24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PE4.2 is still ahead of 6.5, but it's a nice change up I suppose. ;)

12. monsterenergy22

Ratings:
    +0
    Just flashed CorCor Elite 1050 lv kernel and was still getting the issue, guess I will give the sv kernal shot.

Search tags for this page
a855 project elite
droid a855 project elite
jedi elite v6

project elite 6.5 download

project elite 6.5 for og droid
project elite 6.5 unthemed.zip download
project elite droid 1
project elite rom download
project elite rom droid

project elite v6