[ROM RELEASE]PROJECT ELITE v2: Newest build from source!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
elite-project.png

DroidForums.net brings you the freshly arrived PROJECT ELITE v2. Version 1 was a huge hit on the forums but for those of you that prefer source built ROMS he has a surprise. PROJECT ELITE v2 is built entirely from ASOP source. Greg aka actngrezy made ALL the edits to source (some were Google of course) himself so that he could bring you a fresh custom ROM, not an enhanced version of other source built ROMS.

I was lucky to have the opportunity to beta the build and it is well worth the time. Members should also be seeing Project Elite v2 sporting the Dark Edge UI in the near future. Stay tuned on that juicy bit of info!!

So head on over to his developer section HERE and download this fantastic ROM. Thanks actngrezy for bringing this great ROM to the members!

Please leave comments/reviews ONLY in this thread. This will NOT be used for support.

Enjoy!!!

Changelog:

Code:
Version2
-Built from newest asop source 2.2.1
- Built using frg22d google apps and proprietaries
-Added reboot, reboot to recovery options in power menu (user request)
-Still have hot keys to reboot (hole power + r) reboot to recovery (power + x) (credit to pete)
-50 percent signal loss (credit to koush + cvpcs)
-Overclocking started at boot and will set to your kernels top speed
-1ghz Slayher kernel v 1.6 (credit to slayher)
-Added gui for apps2sd (credit to tcrews for idea)
-Updated super user v2.6.3.1
-Updated gmail v2.3
-All apps from version 1 (dspmanager, htc calibrate, music mod, inverted gtalk (credit to bowers), droid x videoplayer, goole voice, black mms w/ color change led
-Added titanium backup 3.5.3
-All apks optimized and zipaligned
-Removed Droid 2 keyboard
-Google fix for streaming audio
-Removed facebook, Twitter, visual voicemail, wireless tether, kickback, sound back, talkback
-Added launcher pro v 0.8.1
-launcherp = script to move launcher pro to data partition to update. If you move to data and launcher pro does not say installed in market then reboot and search for launcher pro in market and install. It will complete
-launcher –data = move to data partition launcher –rm = removes launcher pro
-Added script  search allows google search to be moved to data to be updated then run again to move back to system so you have no f.c issues. Search –dp     search – sp  (credit to pete)
- added script voice –dp        voice –sp   moves voice search to data or system
-Added cache script = clears dalvik cache
-Added scripthelp  = tells you all scripts and what they do

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Project Elite and Dark Edge...that's an attention grabber :)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I seriously just put version 1 on my coworkers phone yesterday. If I download version 2 can I simply update her phone or do i have to do the wipe data/cache and start from scratch? Basically, I don't want to have to redo all the work on her phone that I did yesterday.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I seriously just put version 1 on my coworkers phone yesterday. If I download version 2 can I simply update her phone or do i have to do the wipe data/cache and start from scratch? Basically, I don't want to have to redo all the work on her phone that I did yesterday.

you can try it without wiping, just make sure you back it up first....it should install and run fine...it will wipe boot and system and install the new Rom overtop....but if you have any issues i suggest wiping...:)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Thanks, I'll tell her to come be my office tomorrow and give it a shot. Her droid was so slow, she was very hap put with the speed increase.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll tell her to come be my office tomorrow and give it a shot. Her droid was so slow, she was very hap put with the speed increase.

since this is a source built rom (frg83), and PE v1 was frg22d, i would strongly recommend a wipe to ensure a clean install!!! PLEASE... :)

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

since this is a source built rom (frg83), and PE v1 was frg22d, i would strongly recommend a wipe to ensure a clean install!!! PLEASE... :)

Source is 2.2.1 but build numbers have nothing to do with source versions and are device specific.

Motorola Droid's current build version is FRG22D (for proprietary files) used to build a rom from 2.2.1 source.

Nexus One has an FRG83 build number....but that has nothing to do with the Motorola Droid.

However...I agree that going from a edited ROM to a source ROM, it would be best to wipe.