{ROM RELEASE} Project Elite 4.2 Source Frg83D w/Gingerbread parts

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Zepius

Zepius Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i first installed pe i tried the stock kernel and got this error alot. try a different kernel, my phone cannot handle the LV 1.1Ghz kernel that comes with the rom

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    first, i would try running "fix permissions" - that often helps with FC issues. then i would try reflashing the rom (without wiping). next option would be a different kernel, and maybe adjusting the speed. if none of those things work, then i would go to the re-wipe and re-flash option. one of these things will work, i can virtually guarantee it.

3. hoopastank

hoopastank New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha ok did fresh install wiped everything, and its all working....except the market! so i reboot and now its all broken again... i think im throwing in the towel on this one...thanks for all the help guys

4. twistedlim

twistedlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason I cannot get the mininium brighness to adjust up. It seems stuck on 8 no matter what I do. I can set it higher or lower with no avail, even if I reboot with the new setting. Any help?

5. martytoo

martytoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will this method work with any ROM? I have used it with several but had trouble with the market with one that I tried yesterday.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread. This was regarding GLD's method of installing.

#653 martytoo, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  6. twistedlim

twistedlim Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It will work with almost all roms (raidzero will not for sure). PE brings back TiBu which is nice. With most other roms you have to create a update.zip (you can do this by hitting the "more" tab next to the "batch" tab at the bottom of the TiBu screen) of your TiBu and then reboot to nandroid and install the update zip to bring Tibu back and you will be set to go.

7. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Beta Team/Marty McFly
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    or with other roms, just grab TitaniumBackup out of this rom's system/app folder, then drop it into the same folder of your new rom. much easier than creating yet another update.zip.

8. stetsonaw

Ratings:
    +0
    First go through with this I had market issues, did it again and it's all good.

9. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use My Backup Pro, that's fine to use right? Obviously I have to go into the market and download the app first, but other then its the same process correct?

10. stetsonaw

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't used my backup pro... basically what it's saying in there is to do the restore from backup to save the market downloading everything for you, and is making sure you don't restore system stuffs that won't mesh, and with TiBu (not sure with my backup pro) you can set everything to restore to where it was originally installed, ie on the SD card. [hello, run on!] If you have to go into the Market to download it MBP, then you are gonna end up downloading everything.

now here's what you could do. Since you have MBP installed, grab it out of your data/app folder (where it's installed), Rename it to MyBackupPro.apk or something like that, place it in the system/app folder in the ROM zip (may as well delete TiBu if you aren't going to use it), then install the ROM. Now you already have MBP installed and can do your restore that way, just modify the instructions a bit.

Hope this helps. If you need any help, hit me up on GTalk. I'll help as much as i can.

#658 stetsonaw, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  11. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I sent you a invite on GTalk...never used it, but I think I did it right.

12. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow this rom is fast!! I wanted to make sure though, I deleted the dalvik cache before flashing, am I suppose to let the battery go all the way down and have it shut down on its own?

Search tags for this page
custom rom ginger elite
elite 4.2
ginger elite 4.2
ginger elite v2 smoothness update
ginger elite v2.zip

ginger elite v4

ginger elite v4 download
gingerelite v4
project elite 4.2 a855
project elite 4.2 froyo base