{ROM RELEASE} P.E 3.5 Built From Source 2.2.1 frg83 (small update to version 3)

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, Nov 28, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

[​IMG]

This Is a Small update to version 3 with some fixes and changes in source but I felt it should be a new release for you should not have to flash any fixes and can just flash the rom then theme and be good to go. I will include changelog from version 3 in this also.

From Version 3:
    I poured alot of time and effort into this release and I hope alot of the features many of you have asked for are included into this release. This release is still based off of asop but I made a big change and used Liquids source edits as a base then continued to edit on top of this. This has helped a great deal to bring the features you all wanted alot sooner. There are new scripts which allow the installation of certain apps and also an application for different user settings. This is only the beginnign of the new era of Elite!

This release is also themed from the start with a black bar many have requested.
    Thank you to all the users who have waited around and continue to support P.E

Changelog/feature list
    Version 3.5

-Min Brightness has been reduced to 8 in source (should help with battery life)
    -Keyboard Predictive text is fixed
    -##Program menu is fixed
    -Minor theme changes
    -Desk clock w/ set alarm voice command back in
    -WyContacts is now stock
    -New hot reboot feature (hold power and h and your phone will do a hot reboot (fast reboot in 5 to 10 seconds)
    -Changes in source (behind the scenes)

Version 3
    -Built from source using latest FRG83 proprietaries (credit to P3 for the leak)
    -Updated to latest google apps from frg83 leak (credit P3)
    - Added EliteOptions app for user settings such as rotarylockscreen, lockscreen music controls, led notification with screen on, cpu scaling options, and much more (credit liquid & actngrezy)
    - New scripts that will install cytown phone app, wysie contacts,miui browser, d2 keyboard etc. Also anytime there is an update in the market I will update the apps on my server and you can use the scripts to update youtube, facebook, twitter, etc....this will ensure apps stay in system for theming purposes(credit actngrezy)
    - Added silent back into volume rockers ( you must check silet state in settings/sound to enable this options) (credit cyanogenmod & actngrezy)
    - Long press back to kill apps ( you must enable this setting in settings/applications/development) (credit cyanogenmod & actngrezy)
    - Sampsonite homescreen redraw fix by default (credit sampsonite for fix & actngrezy)
    - Swipe to clear indivdual notifications (credit to cyanogenmod team & actngrezy)
    - New Elite Wallpapers on sdcard (credit to mojo_droid for wallpapers)
    - New Elite boot animation (credit to mojo_droid)
    - New video player icon in app drawer from musicmod (elliot stocker)
    - New Mms compiled from cyanogen source which allows attachments to be saved to any folder on sdcard not just downloads folder. Also long press search button and it will compose a new mms (credit cyanogen)
    - New browser app with extra settings (ful screen browser)(credit to cyanogen)
    - All updated apps genie, facebook, twitter, youtube (you must download voice search from market)
    - Added Appwidget picker (credit to boombluer)
    - fixed lockscreen sounds which werent working in version 2 (credit Actngrezy & Pete)
    - New theme with black bar and Android Green highlights (new gingerbread like browser icon)(thanks to kookahdoo)
    - Themed Market (credit Liquid)

New Scripts

(still need to fix keyboard scripts)

installwycontacts - Installs wycontacts (credit to wysie)Wycontacts not stock)
    install cytown - Installs cytown phone app
    installmiuicy - installs cytown phone app with miui dialer (credit to blackdroid and liquid for the app)
    installmb - Installs english version of miui browser (credit to wxrjack and others at xda for app)
    Script works but it removes stock browser but it places a backup on sdcard of stock browser. I will fix so stock browser will not be removed.
    updatefacebook - updates facebook
    updatetwitter - updates twitter
    updatelp - updates launcherpro
    updatetb - updates titanium backup
    installyoutube - installs newest youtube app
    installgmail - installs newest gmail app
    restorecontacts - restores stock contacts
    restorephone - restores stock phone

Remaining scripts
    backupapps - backups all apps
    restoreapps - restores all apps
    chkrec - checks to ensure you still have a recovery image
    compcache start
    compcache stop
    cpuinfo - shows cpu information
    fixperm - fixes permissions of scripts
    godmode - allows any file explorer to view any file
    freemem - frees memory 25mb: 50mb:75mb
    rb - reboots phone
    rr - reboots to recovery
    switchmms - switch any mms apk with one on root of sdcard
    switchboot - switches boot animation with on on the root of your sdcard
    switchlwp - "
    switchmusic "
    sysro - mounts system as read only
    sysrw - mounts system as re-writable
    zipaling_apks - zipaligns all apks. if framework is not zipaligned then run this script while in recovery using adb

Notes - the user interface tweaks if you check battery percentage it will overlay another percentage on top of the one there. this is because I used images with a percentage in them so if battery images are switch to any without percentage you can still enable a percentage.
    - Still need to fix the save theme portion of the backup and restore theme in elite options

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download link:
    With titanium backup
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/PEv3.5.zip
    Below w/o titanium backup
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/V35/PEv3.5.zip

RUN link below after installing rom to update to launcherpor 8.2 as off 12/7/2010
    it also fixes your updatelp script for future launcherpro updates and update titanium backup

http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/V35/LPupdate.zip
    Extras:
    BnB black glass keyboard (credit themed by bowers ported by GLD)
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/V35/BnBDoidkeyboard.zip
    Desk Clock w/ colors and dual snooze (credit to cm)
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/V35/DeskClockColors.zip

Themes: Below posts
    Galaxy S
    Evolution
    Droid x/Droid 2
    Nextang

If coming from a different rom and would like to back up apps and restore without market load backupapps.zip file below just like you would an update.zip on your current rom then open terminal and run backupapps script.
    Then load p.e v3 open terminal (you may have to download terminal from market and run restoreapps (This will not restore you app data only apps)

On your rom
    open terminal
    su
    backupapps
    Install P.E
    cancel market downloads
    download terminal
    su
    restoreapps

Backupapps link
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/backupapps.zip

Below in post #6 check out the great guide for starting clean, wiping and restoring, and using titanium backup. this guide is great and if you follow you shouldnt have to many issues. (Credit to this goes to GirLuvsDroid)

Kernels

Slayher kernels (recommended)
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/4434-froyo-kernels-by-slayher/

You can use any kernel. I would highly recommend the slayher kernels they are awesome! But you can use any kernel with the rom. If you choose a kernel other then slayhers you will lose the compcache feature and the interactive governor. You governor will automatically switch to ondemand if you do use a different kernel.

Rom Installation Instructions

Sprecovery:
    1.download to root of sdcard
    2.rename to update.zip
    3.reboot into recovery
    4.click install
    5.allow install
    6.then install again
    7.Reboot

Clockwork:
    1.Place on sdcard
    2.Go to Install from sd
    3.Select the file on your sdcard and install
    4.reboot

Donate:Actngrezy:here
    Donate:Liquid here
    Credits:
    I'd like to thank Liquid for helping me with the source and the application Elite Options. Mojo_droid for his great help with wallpapers and boot animation. Kookahdoo for his help with the theme.
    Also Id like to thank tcrews (he aslo helped answer many of my questions), GirLuvsDroid,Huskerkate,Tapout27 and xlinth which have helped me numerous times with flashing and reflashing diagnosing different bugs and helping me working out the kinks.Also would like to thank Peter alfonso and chevycam94
  2. actngrezy

this was made from a stock dump of the tmobile version and vzw version of the galaxy s phones. Credit goes to haxzamatic for he was the first person to bring this theme to life. My version varies a tad from his since i may have used different stock dumps then he did but he still gets the credit.Theme includes touchwiz wallpaper chooser (credit to rolle3). If you do not want to use th launcher you can delete if from the file before you load the theme.The touchwiz wallpaperchooser includes the galaxy s wallpapers. Also this does include his themed dialer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Launcher pro themed by benny879

Download link:

http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/v35theme/EliteGalaxy/PE3.5GS.zip
    Launcher pro docks and icons

http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/v35theme/EliteGalaxy/EliteGalaxy.zip
    [​IMG]
    htc themed keyboard (credit actngrezy)
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/v35theme/EliteGalaxy/htcgalaxy.apk
    Keyboard installation
    Download to sdcard
    click on file and press install
    go to phone settings
    go to language and keyboard
    check htcime
    go to mms and long press in text field
    select input method
    select htc mod
    Fascinate (vzw galaxys) wallpapers
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm9aocrcxs9zccx/Fascinate_wallpapers.zip

Touch wiz launcher (credit to rolle)
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/v35theme/EliteGalaxy/TouchWiz30_rolle.apk
    TouchWiz Wallpaper chooser (comes with theme)
    http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/v35theme/EliteGalaxy/TwWallpaperChooser.apk
  3. actngrezy

4. actngrezy

5. actngrezy

Nextang (orginal theme by Manup)(minor edits by Actngrezy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download Link:
    Theme
    Nextang Extras (wallpapers,Icons,LP app drawer icon)
    Not an update.zip extraxt files to sdcard
    Extras
    [​IMG]
    HTC keyboard:
    HTCBLACK
    [​IMG]
    Nextang HTC Keyboard:
    NEXTANG
  6. actngrezy

Credit for this guide goes to Girluvsdroid(thank you this has helped alot of people when wiping and doing a clean restores of apps and data)

How to start clean & restore using titanium backup
    I do a lot of ROM testing and I always wipe all partitions going to new ROMs, or even new versions of the same ROM. I did the same between test versions of PEv3. For those who are interested in getting a clean start when they load this blazing new ROM, here's how I do it:

1. Purchase the license for Titanium Backup (TiBu) if you don't already have it -- it's worth it -- and go to Batch and use "Backup all user apps + system data."

2. Do a nandroid backup of your current setup, then, using ClockworkMod Recovery, do a factory reset (wipe data and cache), then go into the partitions menu and do a wipe of boot, then of system.

3. Install the ROM zip file following the instructions in the OP.

4. Once you boot up, touch the top left, then the top right, then the bottom right, then the bottom left (in a square pattern) of the screen to skip Google sign in.

5. Make sure you have "Unknown sources" checked in System>Applications.

6. Open TiBu and go into Preferences and make sure you have "Force to same location" checked (this will then make sure your apps and data are restored to the device and SD card, as applicable, exactly as they were when you did your backup).

7. Go into Batch and and start with "Restore missing apps + all system data" -- we'll do apps and data in the next step. When you restore missing apps + all missing data, here's the important thing: press "Deselect all" and ONLY check the items in GREEN (this will restore all your call log, SMS/MMS, accounts, wifi and bluetooth connections, etc.). If you restore the stuff in red, you're restoring system data from prior ROMs, which could cause you all kinds of issues. NOW, here's another very important caveat: some people have found that restoring [SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH] Settings Storage 2.2.1 from "Restore missing apps + all system data" can cause issues (for example, if you had a password (PIN) to unlock your phone when you did your TiBu backup and you restore this setting on your new ROM, you may find yourself completely locked out after you set your password on your new ROM and you reboot -- which means that you'd have to wipe and start over again; also restoring that item from one version of LFY to the next, or coming from LFY to PE3, restores all the Liquid Tweaks data, including color choices in Interface, etc., and on LFY, this causes FCs in SpareParts--funny thing, though, I restored this item from LFY 1.95 to PE3 as an experiment and it restored all my settings from Liquid Tweaks to Elite Options and didn't cause any FCs in Spare Parts). One additional thing: you won't see some of your data (call log, SMS/MMS, etc.) until after a reboot -- I generally wait until Step 10 when I need to reboot to make my backup anyway, but it's certainly fine for you to go ahead and reboot now if you want to ensure that all your data is there.

8. After you've finished restoring the items in green (other than the one in my caveat above unless you're feeling adventurous), run "Restore missing apps with data" (these will all be missing items that are in WHITE text) and go through the list and make sure you've got only the items you really want to restore checked. DON'T restore Liquid Tweaks or Spare Parts if they're on your list.

9. Go to Settings>Accounts & sync, Add account and sign in to Google. Make sure Auto-sync is checked and that Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar, etc. are checked, and allow them to sync. It's possible that the Accounts restore in Step 7 already restored your account, but you should still look to be sure all your items are checked.

10. Make a nandroid backup of this setup BEFORE you start adding themes and kernels -- that way, it's easy to revert back to stock and start over if a theme or kernel messes you up.

If you run across any apps that restore from Market without your data, because you missed them in your TiBu restore, just go into TiBu and go to filters, type the name of the app, and restore data only.

The only thing left is that you'll likely have to set up your widgets again (at least I do in Sweeter Home 2) and you may have to restore some of your ringtones in contacts, Gmail, calendar and Gtalk.

One other note: if you have Swype, I've found that TiBu restore doesn't work right. If you have the official beta version that you're reinstalling from the Swype beta website, you'll want to reinstall the Swype installer, then Swype FIRST, before your full TiBu restore, to avoid the memory issues that plague Swype installs.
  7. bdsaur

bdsaur New Member

Awesome, downloading now. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. dbst

dbst New Member

Downloading!! Thanks actngrezy!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. TMYINC

TMYINC New Member

Very nice! Hafta flash it now! :)
  10. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Great build Greg! Running perfectly since boot-up. No issues as of yet. The keyboard is pretty awesome : ) I liked Black and Bold so this was a no brainer for me.

This is my favorite build of yours and that's saying alot because you have been kicking out some stellar work.

Thank you for sharing this with us!!

Sent from my Droid
  11. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Btw I'm running the "stock" theme and REALLY like the look of it. I dropped the DE themed launcher on it and I'm good go......

PE and DE doesn't get any better than that : )

Sent from my Droid
  12. actngrezy

DE themed launcher on stock theme man I think I want to try that. That actually sounds like it would look awesome!
    Thanks for the support glad to hear no issues this time lol. That was main reason for new release I didn't want the first version with a bunch of features to be label as having issues so fixed em added some minor stuff and themes and here it is lol!
  13. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

I've been testing/running v3.5 since last Thursday and it really is outstanding!! Phenomenal job Greg! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
  14. lopedog

lopedog New Member

Downloading now![​IMG]
  15. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond New Member

Flashing Right Now,,,!!
  16. dalkhoutoff

dalkhoutoff New Member

Darn it, just got v3 to be perfect. J/K... Nothing brings me more joy than flashing new roms. Especially yours. Super-speedy low battery usage (found perfect kernel) and now has cool new themes. Downloaded and tweaking the settings now. I just need to change the battery in revolution. Is there any red metamorph battery icons? Anyways... awesome job. Been pleased with your work more than others. Donating some chips XD
  17. lopedog

lopedog New Member

Not that I really need it but I couldn't get the hot reboot feature to work. Also TTB didn't load until I loaded from the market. Just saying this because of your second post for following GLD guide. Other than that it looks great. Thanks for such a job on the great rom.
  18. actngrezy

you have to press it just right at same time and it will work. not sure why ttb wouldnt work. seemed to be good in testing
  19. lopedog

lopedog New Member

Ok I will give the hot reboot feature another try. I opened up the zip and didn't see TitaniumBackup.apk in the app folder.
  20. actngrezy

Im going to reup the rom now with TB in it sorry about that...Next release ill redo the hot reboot so its easier. not many will use it but its nice to have so not a huge deal. Thanks sorry about the TB not being in there. Whoops!
Search tags for this page

how to screen shoot on frg83

rotary menu android sample code