[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

jcl197

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is having issues with pictures not syncing with contacts from twitter or fb in the hexen rom. I couldn't get them to sync but was able to fix this glitch by rebooting into android recovery (hold x while holding power button until android with exclamation appears) and then choosing Data Wipe/factory reset.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mikee123

Reaction score
All downloaded and up and running. Couple questions: I noticed that there is still no way to customize contacts ringtones. Is this possible, or would I be better of downloading an app to allow me to do that? Also, does bluetooth work with this rom? I was unable to get it to work on oreoangel last. I havent had the chance to check it yet with the radio in my truck.

Hi,

BT indeed works. All I had to do was re-pair my device.
One time I had to toggle it on/off to start working, after that all work as expected.

Regards,

ds28

Reaction score
problem with lockscreen

I've noticed a problem with the lockscreen & slide to unlock.
I have a PIN set up, but when I tap the power button to wake the phone, it briefly flashes the PIN entry screen and goes right to my home screen (i.e., not requiring a slide to unlock). In a nutshell, the phone is completely awake and ready to pocketdial the moment I tap the power button.

It seems like this started once I set up the PIN. I haven't installed any new apps, nor do I use any lockscreen replacements, etc. Interestingly, the PIN "works" and is only required for the first unlock after a reboot, or after the 20 minute lock period I've selected kicks in. But from then on, it just bypasses the lockscreen/PIN completely.

Anybody experience this or have any recommended fixes?

(And a BIG thanks for putting this ROM together. Really liking it so far. Fast, polished, and light on the battery.)

Last edited:

Dolfns99

Reaction score
So I was messin around with the apk root tools, not really knowing what thehell I was doing, Anyways my fonts changed, bootloader changed and when i was playing with my pulldown bar where it says verizon wireless, it now says roaming indicator flashing. Also I gave what looks like a black triangle next to my 3g. Can I fix this ir di I have thi reflash this rom again. Need help thanks

joeyx2

Reaction score
After u make the changes it should have created a backup and u should be able to delete the one u altered and place the backup back in. Just delete .bak at the end of the backup and reboot.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Where do i find the back up?

Dolfns99

Reaction score
So this is what is going on... confused!

joeyx2

Reaction score
Should be in the same place it will just read build-prop.bak

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Where is the same place? Ilooked through my folders in astro and dont see anything that says build-prop. Also while trying to restore with root tools for some reason even thought it has super user access. It says didn gain root access whrn trying to restore

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Error while running command. Could not gain root access

joeyx2

Reaction score
For some reason u r not rooted anymore if u get that message. Best bet is to re-root and reflash rom. I was assuming u had root explore. Don't use astro so not sure if u can access system files with it. There's also a free app that will let u access system files but not sure of name.

EDIT: if all else fails sbf back to factory and start over

Dolfns99

Reaction score
You know...... I really dont wanna SBF! But I guess thats the price I pay for wanting to learn. Does the rom support root tools, or absolut root tools?

joeyx2

Reaction score
That im not sure of cause I don't use ether. Try to re-root with z4root and bootstrap. Then wipe date/cache and reinstall rom first. Sbf as a last resort.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
You know...... I really dont wanna SBF! But I guess thats the price I pay for wanting to learn. Does the rom support root tools, or absolut root tools?

Yes you should be able to use those.I do. As far as the verison header you can reflash the rom you are using and that should fix all your issues. No need to wipe anything.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Ok so I wiped cache, data factory reset reflashed rom all seems good except for the 10 apps I lost and no contacts! Lmao! Anyways when I try to import from sd card they show importing but never show up! Hmmmm. Got to love the android!