[ROM RELEASE] HeXen ROM 1.0.0 (Froyo) FINAL

mikee123

Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to upgrade from verison 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 or I have to full flash again (with wipe an factory defaults).

Nevertheless GREAT ROM! Thank you very much!

Mikee did u flash over it to find out if it worked or not

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Hi,

I didn't but i see that Currentweb has done it and it went smoothly.
I will try it today though.

Regards,

sb56637

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this! I have it set up just the way I like it now with an extremely minimal, 1-screen zeam launcher, and Widgetsoid power control in the notifications menu just like Cyanogenmod. Fast and stable. Thanks so much!

Any recommendations on the most stable WiFi tether app for this ROM? The android-wifi-tether (root) app was flaky in my extensive testing with the stock D2G firmware. It would sometimes disconnect or stop responding, requiring a reboot. I know this is the same kernel on HeXen, so maybe it won't be any different.

And what about wired USB tether to share the mobile data connection with a PC? How is that done? Native android function? Or market or 3rd party app?

Thanks!

Barnacle wifi tether, and easytether. Search market.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Android Froyo is supposed to permit WiFI and USB tethering natively. The stock D2G firmware has disabled this in their build for obvious reasons. Would it be possible to enable this feature on HeXen? Thanks!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this! I have it set up just the way I like it now with an extremely minimal, 1-screen zeam launcher, and Widgetsoid power control in the notifications menu just like Cyanogenmod. Fast and stable. Thanks so much!

Any recommendations on the most stable WiFi tether app for this ROM? The android-wifi-tether (root) app was flaky in my extensive testing with the stock D2G firmware. It would sometimes disconnect or stop responding, requiring a reboot. I know this is the same kernel on HeXen, so maybe it won't be any different.

And what about wired USB tether to share the mobile data connection with a PC? How is that done? Native android function? Or market or 3rd party app?

Thanks!

Android Froyo is supposed to permit WiFI and USB tethering natively. The stock D2G firmware has disabled this in their build for obvious reasons. Would it be possible to enable this feature on HeXen? Thanks!

We cant with the stock kernel as far as I know. Also, as the OP said we arent going to work on this anymore. This is the final Froyo version. Whatever else we post will be gingerbread.

DmdStar

Reaction score
Nice work!

Have been running Fenom, and out of curiosity, last night I installed the Hexen 1.0.1 ZIP over the top of my existing Fenom install and it appeared to upgrade without issue. Booted just fine, and About screen showed Sys version as "HeXen ROM 1.0.1 FINAL".

I still went ahead and did an SBF and install from scratch after to be sure it was fresh on my production phone, but wanted to see if it would work. Anyone else curious, it did. :)

What are the major differences between this rom & the fenom fork, if any?

At any rate: a GREAT rom guys! Runs so much faster than stock, its unbelievable. FYI: I did a battery calibration after the flash, and it does seem to suck battery a little faster than fenom did, as others have noted. I did a titanium restore of my apps after SBF, so am running all the same apps as I was yesterday.

Thanks for taking the time to make our phones better! :)

satoru

Reaction score

Thanks!

It works on stock and it works on any rom. Im not sure what you are talking about? It has never been disabled for me. The blur 3g hotspot wont work unless you pay, I think. I have never used it. So far I have gone through 5 tether apps and these 2 are the best imo. If there's one I haven't heard of let me know and ill give it a try.

Edit: misread your post. Just use barnacle, and wait for gb.

Last edited:

sthpark

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a few quick questions:

1) I'm currently running AngelRom, can I just wipe data/factory reset and flash hexen without having to sbf?
2) Also, to those of you that have tried both AngelRom and hexen, which do you prefer and why? (Performance, reboots, battery life, themes, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

satoru

Reaction score

1) I'm currently running AngelRom, can I just wipe data/factory reset and flash hexen without having to sbf?
2) Also, to those of you that have tried both AngelRom and hexen, which do you prefer and why? (Performance, reboots, battery life, themes, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

I was on 0.6.2 so I can't speak for the .7.5. I did data/factory, cache. Installed. Works fine. I like this better than angel the themes will be ported over as some already are. Just give it some time play around, gb will be out soon enough and you'll forget all about them lol

DmdStar

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

In regards to question 1: It worked for Fenom... might work for Angel, but it's a closer match to Fenom. Could always try and see.

In regards to question 2: I didn't use Angel for very long, but really enjoyed Fenom based on performance and better battery life over stock. Can't really compare to Angel as I didn't test it long enough to make a valid comparison. HeXen appears to be very similar to my Fenom install... in fact, not noticing much, if any, difference. If anything it is slightly faster than before, but that could be my imagination.

kotarr

Reaction score
this is my first time flashing a rom... to droid at least, i have done it to wm 6.1
what is SBF and RSDlite? where can i find them?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
this is my first time flashing a rom... to droid at least, i have done it to wm 6.1
what is SBF and RSDlite? where can i find them?

The easiest way us to google sbf for droid 2 global. There is also a post in the d2g hacks section. If you are new I would suggest getting familiar with it b4 flashing.
Most importantly always make a backup of stock so you can go back to it if needed. If. You need more info p.m. me and read.....read.....and read some more. Don't do anything until you know what your doing.

keolawills

Reaction score
Flashed last night. So far so good! Keep up the good work guys! I haven't flashed one of my themes over it yet. I will try it out later tonight.

sent from my HeXeNated d2g

My themes from angel work. The only thing is the apps. Trim those out and fix those. It flashes almost perfectly.

Sent from my Crimsoned Angelic Droid 2 Global

That's what I figured, take the apps out of the theme.zip. im kinda liking the stock look right now. Kinda nice to have some color as I've been b/w for so long. Maybe ill just change some icons around(signal, wifi, etc.) I just started a new job so I have zero motivation to use my brain on this phone right now.

Side note- battery life is incredible. Still at 80% after a full day at work(little to no use) and was at 50% when I got home last night(8hrs little to no use and 5hrs moderate use.) I would normally be down to 30% with similar use and duration while on angelrom. Glad to see 2 dedicated d2g devs teamed up!

sent from my HeXeNated d2g

kotarr

Reaction score
how do i link my contacts to facebook or show facebook contacts like i do before i flashed?

also, how do i keep the clockworkmod recovery from showing up and haveing to install the rom everytime i reboot?

jcl197

Reaction score
how do i link my contacts to facebook or show facebook contacts like i do before i flashed?

also, how do i keep the clockworkmod recovery from showing up and haveing to install the rom everytime i reboot?

You need to Install Facebook for android from the market and then choose the sync contacts once you login to the facebook app

bdsullivan76

Reaction score

If clockwork comes up after a reboot then simply chose to reboot. No need to flash the rom again.

OP
Fenuxx

Fenuxx

Vermilion
Developer
Reaction score

It's a bug with the DROID 2 Bootstrapper, as mentioned here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Please Help - Always Reboots into Clockwork

1. Run DROID 2 Bootstrapper
  2. Bootstrap recovery
  3. Exit out of the bootstrap program (DO NOT CLICK REBOOT RECOVERY)
  4. Open Terminal Emulator
  5. Type the following, without quotes:
    • "su"
    • "reboot"
  6. Once that's done, Clockwork Recovery should no longer boot up on every reboot