{ROM RELEASE BETA} PEv6 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by actngrezy, May 11, 2011.

1. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    yes i knew i seen it but i just seen also that you said its just in your theme. i thought i was going crazy! the only one i can change though is mms. but thats fine until they put it back into the rom bc i just hate the ugly green!
    thanks

2. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    Thanks, I thought it was AOSP but wasn't 100 on it.:)

3. enigmaisdead

enigmaisdead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo! This is exactly what I did last time. The black is barely noticeable and it disables the bounce! Many thanks to you both! :D

4. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Yep your right. Its aosp but the fixes that allow gb to run on the droid such as 3g , sensors, etc,etc are from cm as well as some of the features in pe are from the cm team. Big ups to them because although cm isn't used as the base for pe without them gb on the droid wouldn't be possible.

5. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    As far as the mms from froyp I don't mind if you use it just please do not report mms issues or any system apps have be replaced.
    Alos I cannot say if it will cause issues but I know mms has been updated gb google for gb and again 233

6. gertman

gertman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay so the previous version of PE was running so poorly on my Droid that I switched to Cyogenmod and it ran ok I guess. In the end apps were just not opening. They would open and then quickly close like my USB connect and This American Life App.

Anyway, when I saw that the new PE was out I decided to switch. With the old PE I never could shake the redraw issue. I tried everything but nothing worked for me. Cyogenmod didn't fix it completely but it was livable.

So today I installed this new version and only some of my apps. After reading the forum I knew to wipe 3 times......I did it several times because of the bad luck I have. Also I wised up and restored NO system apps.

So long story short my biggest problem is incoming calls. It takes forever for the screen top pop up so that I can answer AND also it seems like a crap shoot weather or not the phone with actually stop vibrating once I pick up the call.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I have not changed from the stock Kernel or any stock setting pertaining to performance.

Thank you all in advance and thank you actngrezy for creating this ROM.

7. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    hey GLD, what's your settings for compcache, assuming you have it turned on... also what's your vm heapsize set to? Thanks

8. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Can we get a pe 4.3? :-(

9. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Been running this version for couple of days now, but continued to have alot of lag no matter what settings tried, also my Droid didn't seem to want to play with either PE or Pete's kernels, only ones could use are corcor's but still laggy, decided to give deprimed a try and first thing noticed was increase in speed on my phone, practically immediately. This using on demand at top off 900. Even noticed difference with Netflix app all other kernels it was choppy & movie would just spontaneously close not with deprimed, runs great now. So far no bugs running this kernel.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. speedfreeq

speedfreeq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nbd, but I've started getting the 3g drops with this release. I came late enough to the 5.0.2 party that i caught the tail end of imoseyon's swap scripts, and with RZ's Zepius kernel, I never got any 3g drops at all! Is it worthwhile running the swap scripts with v6? I've tried stock, lv1.0, and now Pete's lv1.0 all with the same issue. I may try the deprimed based on the above, but it seems more something with memory handling in this release on my device.

11. noiofnine

noiofnine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having some lag issues too. PE5.02 was awesome. I was such a dedicated chevyno1 user. Then he went over to CM7 which had its great features.... but it lots the chevyno1 ASOP touch. So I started to shop around and I found PE. So fraking smooth and fast. 2.3.3 PEv6r was posted and I flashed. But laggy.

I tried all the kernels including petes and the corcor.... mind you I've been on this rom for a few days too. Earlier today I figured I would try chevyno1 and really didn't help. Tried deprimed... and yeah smoothness is back. So... I'm freakin happy again. Hahaha

Somehow I have 3 copies of notification tones. Went into system/media and only one copy in there. Any ideas where the others are?

12. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Perhaps the others are located on your SDCard??...
    what voltages on those deprimed kernels?

Search tags for this page

2.3 elite beta

download project elita beta