[ROM] [ROM Release] AngelRom v0.6.2 5/12/11

hgrimberg

Reaction score
So you did this change of theme using Droid 2 bootstrapp?
Angel said that if we change the theme, some mods he did will be lost. He didn't specify which ones and if it was going to happen with all the themes. Did you loose some mods or something else with the "Blackout" theme from Fission?

I am woundering what the mods lost when theming this. I am fine with the vanilla theme but I kinda do want a custom one. If anyone finds out please post it up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Mods lost depends on how complete the theme is. All (except for an unreleased version of Cha0s) will lose Wycontacts and the framework mods. Depending on what all is themed, you can lose some apps and possibly the updated market. Its mostly little small speed tweaks but still....

So apart from loosing Wycontacts that I don´t like from an aesthetic point of view, all the mods we will loose are just cosmetic ones? So no mods in the build.prop like GPU acceleration of the UI and serious advantages like that will be lost? What do you mean by "Its mostly little small speed tweaks but still..." You mean 3G Speed increase hack for example can be lost?

And by the way, I noticed that with the Angel rom I sometimes loose signal reception and I dont even get one bar of signal strength. So I have to turn off and restart the phone to get signal again. That used to happen a lot with my stock rom and then with Fenom, it never happened. (I am on GSM)

2nd. BTW: I also vote for a black status bar on the next version!

Swirly

Reaction score
Id like to see screen shots of y'all droids!

fatihx

Reaction score
so if we loose some mods with themes, then can you add the black status bar for next version ?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I plan on it. Ive been busy trying to make sure i can graduate so havent had time to mess with this hardly any.

Its partially cosmetic and partially speed tweaks that youll lose.

jt1359

Reaction score
Do you use a 3G speed hack on this? If so is it NirtiScript or that Alternate one I've seen? I tried using Masqed Crusader but it seemed to heat up my phone a lot and didn't always work.

jt1359

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about trying it. Did you notice if your battery went down any faster because of it?

hgrimberg

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about trying it. Did you notice if your battery went down any faster because of it?

Oh, well, I just installed it, so I can´t tell so far. I didn't think it can affect my battery. I mean it just changes some parameters Motorola puts there so that you spend less data. Why could it affect the battery consumption?

kingwaffle

Reaction score
My Wifi is really really flaky on this ROM. Did you tweak any of those settings by any chance? It seems like I have to let it connect to the network for five minutes or so before it actually lets me do anything.

Blur4eg

Reaction score
At this firmware proximity sensor during and after the conversation normally behaves?

TinMan09

Reaction score
running it now. works great over seas. so wheres the skins/themes? lol

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So far theres just 1 and it hasnt been released yet. You can use most fission ones but youll lose WyContacts + a few small speed tweaks. I'm working on a black/white theme now though.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Which unreleased theme are you talking about angel? The one that cha0s did recently?