[ROM] [ROM Release] AngelRom v0.6.2 5/12/11

sb56637

Reaction score
One issue so far...

Hello to everyone who helps to make Angel ROM... First of all, a HUGE thank you for fixing my phone. See this annoying issue I had with the stock D2G firmware:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t-still-issues-will-3rd-party-rom-help-2.html

This is the only major bug I can find so far: When I record a video, it doesn't show up in the gallery. The 3GP file does show up in the file manager. But when I click the thumbnail after shooting a video, it doesn't display the video in the gallery.

And a small request: Is there any way to put on the stock "Android" vanilla boot animation? I like a simple, boring boot screen. :)

Thanks again!

jt1359

Reaction score
The video should show up, they just take a little time to process after you take them before they show up.
As for the boot animation, get liberty toolbox and just disable the boot animation. It will still give you a boot animation, the vanilla android one, and your boot will be a little faster.

n0madtanks

Reaction score
installed the ROM last night. No SBF was needed awesome!!! I am loving the ROM. Only thing I wish was that the status bar was still black like from oreo.

It is nice to be able to voice search again W00T!!!!!

Thanks Angel....

n0madtanks

Reaction score
Unlocking is also a little slow.not trying to complain just leaving feed back

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Psj77

Reaction score
To update from 6.2 should I just flash over and wipe cache? Or do I need to treat it as a new rom and wipe data/cache and then flash the .zip?

clouse2013

Reaction score
To update from 6.2 should I just flash over and wipe cache? Or do I need to treat it as a new rom and wipe data/cache and then flash the .zip?

I just wiped cache and it worked fine. If your coming from a different rom, you should wipe data too but if your already on Angel, you should be fine

Sent from my Crimsoned Angelic Droid 2 Global

Mistah

Reaction score
Anyway to get swype from the fission rom manager to work with this rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

atokarski

Reaction score
I'm still on AngelRom 6.2. Started having a problem over the weekend with my contacts. If I have any contacts in the My Contacts group in Gmail, going into the Contacts tab on the device produces:

"Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

In aLogcat I'm seeing:

i/ContactsListActivity( 2840):Called with action: com.android.contacts.action.LIST_DEFAULT

D/AndroidRuntime( 2840): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm (2840):threadid=1:thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x400208b0)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I should likely add that; I'm not using Twitter on the device and I'm not syncing my Facebook contacts with the device. I tried logging out of Facebook all together which didn't help. I've also tried creating a new contact on the phone, which FC'd acore immediately when I went to save it, and I tried created a new blank contact in Gmail with nothing more than a name and got the same result as soon as it sync'd over.

Edit2: So I downloaded the new AngelRom 7.5. But I can't afford to mess with the phone too much at the moment, so rather than flash the whole thing, I extracted just the Contacts.apk and the Phone.apk and pushed them over via ADB. No help. Same error.

Edit3: Fixed it. Sort'a. It didn't like sorting by last name. Changed it to first name and it started behaving. I prefer last name, but at least it working again...

Mistah

Reaction score
This rom is great but I might have to go back to fission until I can figure out how to get swype working again

clouse2013

Reaction score
This rom is great but I might have to go back to fission until I can figure out how to get swype working again

go to the swype website. sign up for the free beta. its a newer version than the swype included when you have your d2G stock anyways.

Mistah

Reaction score

go to the swype website. sign up for the free beta. its a newer version than the swype included when you have your d2G stock anyways.

Thanks for that help! I really didn't want to go back to fission.

clouse2013

Reaction score

Thanks for that help! I really didn't want to go back to fission.

no problem. if you want your swype themed like on fission just pm me and ill walk you through it. its not too difficult.

Mistah

Reaction score
Had a little trouble out of swype after rebooting it kept force closing but seems ok after a reinstall

L0ckett

Reaction score
I'm going to give this update a shot when I get off work. I'm looking forward to the speed increase and to finally have the use of my bluetooth back. For the millionth time in this thread, I can just flash this right over top of the previous version?

edit: Also when I flashed the original version I could not receive my Gmail emails on my phone. I had to use the browser and go to the site. Anyone else have that issue with the last version or is it fixed now?