[ROM] [ROM Release] AngelRom v0.6.2 5/12/11

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thanks Angel! I just switched from the regular Droid 2 and without doing any research on it I just assumed that my new Global was the same so I flashed the new Gingerbread release the second my phone came in. Haha woops. It didn't work so I have been stuck with the stock ****tyness for a week now. I am flashing your ROM as we speak and just wanted to thank you for the freedom feeling once again! I might just have to make a few themes for this ROM since it seems our selection for the Global is slim pickin.
:icon_ banana:

TinMan09

Reaction score
i love this rom. just putting it out there, it works great in afghanistan. no lagging, battery lasts a lot longer. The only issue i have is when i completely reboot my phone it goes to the bootloader screen instead of just starting up, but thats such a small detail i dont even care.

luisbp81

Reaction score
One quick question, when I'm on my Contacts List, there are some random entries with like a red background, so not all of my contacts appear this way...is it normal with this ROM?

slimpirudude

Reaction score
One quick question, when I'm on my Contacts List, there are some random entries with like a red background, so not all of my contacts appear this way...is it normal with this ROM?

Idk why that happens, I have pink triangles behind the name in every single contact on my list. Therefore my list looks like has a pink triangle background consttantly. Possible fix anyone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jt1359

Reaction score
Angel will fix it in the next update he said. It's in the OP

joy_rostie

Reaction score
Hey man. You forget to add DeskClock.apk into the rom. Thats why Ararm Clock is collapsing.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hey man. You forget to add DeskClock.apk into the rom. Thats why Ararm Clock is collapsing.

He knows alarm clock doesn't work just FC's. Just dl alarm Droid, problem solved!

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Issues with wifi not working.....anyone help with this?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The triangles is from WyContacts.

the alarm clock fc's are known, i removed it because i was eliminating some of the ore ueless apps that theres better versions of on the market. Just ue one of them instead. i diont know why it still shows up in the app drawer.

keolawills

Reaction score

the alarm clock fc's are known, i removed it because i was eliminating some of the ore ueless apps that theres better versions of on the market. Just ue one of them instead. i diont know why it still shows up in the app drawer.

I noticed alarmclock.apk was still there. Id put deskclock.apk back in since it has an alarm. (I use alarmextreme anyway so those get frozen right away) just a thought.

Side note- hows the vaca angel?

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

droidnuke

Reaction score
Ok tried a few more times. Followed instructions exactly. When in was backing up last line read
No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.........then next line
Generating md5 sum...
then during wipe
No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext
Formatting SDCARD:/.android_secure...
Data wipe complete
Install went fine...sorta
--Installing: SDCARD:download/Angel_signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/download/Angel_signed.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

Someone please help!!!!!
Thanks

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I noticed alarmclock.apk was still there. Id put deskclock.apk back in since it has an alarm. (I use alarmextreme anyway so those get frozen right away) just a thought.

Side note- hows the vaca angel?

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

oops, forgot about that. that makes sense though.... I'll probably remove it on the next update though. i use the same and its better than the aosp one imo.

very good, leave for the airport to go home in 8 hrs so almost over.

rusty815

Reaction score
so then well be seeing an update sometime soon? (im hopelessly optimistic) dancedroid