[ROM] Redrumchaos 1.0

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by adrynalyne, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0

Hmm i might have to try this rom... Still useing nexthemed rom.

2. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running smooth. Loving the theme. Haven't found any issues so far. But the Screebl icon in the pulldown is really annoying now. Any chance of making it red?

3. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Wait. So I asked earlier if I have to wipe if I upgrade from redrumchaos 1.0 to 1.X and adrynalyne said no but bgill55 said yes. So do I have to wipe or not?

4. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    The fix isn't a new rom, just an update.zip. You don't have to wipe.

5. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    I said to wipe?

6. Kaos2flo

Kaos2flo Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok I thought so. Thanks

Lol my bad. I read it too quick and I thought you said wipe, but you said "not have to"
    Again I apologize.

7. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    no sweat you had me second guessing myself! lol

8. Caelum Bound

Caelum Bound New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hahaha, I can't imagine what tweaks are even left for the Omnia. In fact, I actually got some hands-on time with the Omnia II earlier today, and it's astounding how my Omnia I, with no where near the processing power and RAM, still runs so much more smoothly than the stock Omnia II. Despite how much I loved my Omnia, I'm glad so many of the developers from the i910 forums jumped ship to a much more open and potential-filled platform (for my sake as much as theirs!).

But, enough waxing nostalgic. Although I promised myself I wouldn't flash any new ROMs until after this weekend, I couldn't resist trying this out, even after weeks of happily being on CyanogenMod. I haven't gotten much hands on time yet, but I want to throw out some initial impressions:

1) The themeing was apparent immediately from the Android Activation Screen. The shading provides a nice sense of bevling and depth. Also, like with the blue in Chevy's Simply Stunning ROM, screen shots don't do justice to the red motif. It's really something that has to be seen first hand. The change to the "Google" logo on the search bar also adds a nice touch of uniqueness to the ROM, along with the great coloring of the Market and Contact apps.
    2) For anyone wondering, Market Applications did restore themselves (at least, coming from Koush's CyanogenMod 5.0.5.4).
    3) Using "Home" and "Launcher" after the initial reboot, I was tempted to mention how screen transitions felt much stiffer than on CM. As recommended though, I grabbed the HelixLauncher2 beta, and it really is silky smooth and a great addition to the ROM. Can't wait to see the HelixLauncher2 when it's finalized.
    4) The haptic feedback vibration seems to be back to what I believe was ERE53 stregth, which seems a little bit too obvious to be entirely comfortable for regular use. But, I've also had haptics off since running CM, so I may have forgotten the vibration differences.
    5) The only suggestion I can think of off-hand is perhaps modding the color of the green icon on the Lock Screen to red?

Anyway, those are the only thoughts I have at the moment since just getting it installed. I can't wait to put it through its paces tomorrow at work (as well as turn a few heads with its design)! Again, I just want to say how much I appreciate your guys' efforts and hard work and I look forward to using this ROM regularly and seeing all you have to contribute. Fantastic work!

-Caelum Bound

9. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the feedback.

I stay out of the way when it comes to theming things, but I *think* I might have found a way to adjust haptic feedback strength. We are already working on 1.1.

10. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8

Done! :) Thanks For the Feedback!

11. Venomous2005

Venomous2005 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey loving your mod so far, just wanted to comment on the battery lilfe which is nothing short of ridiculous. Most roms after 5-6 hours of my normal use it's hovering around 50-60% battery left. Doing the same thing on your rom, and it was at 90% i got home from work (12 hours from recharge according to droid) and it was still at 80% flipping crazy man good work!

12. junpar

junpar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone could make a video of these custom transitions..