[ROM] Redrumchaos 1.0

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by adrynalyne, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Caelum Bound

Caelum Bound New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for being so receptive, I'm happy to provide it!

And after running Redrumchaos for a solid day, just wanted to post about my experiences so far. Just to note, I come from unthemed CyanogenMod 5.0.5.4 running stock speed, which I was extremely pleased with and used for a few weeks.

First of all. Battery Life? Wow. In a word, phenomenal. I unplugged my phone around 7:30am, left on Live Wallpapers, used it moderately throughout the day for texting and browsing, listened to some music while driving, forgot to plug it in at night, and it was still alive at 9am the next day (granted, 5% battery life). I was already getting great battery life from CM, but this thing is incredible. Whatever you guys did, it worked.
    And secondly. Speed. While I didn't take any benchmarks or do any speed tests prior to flashing, overall I get the sense of increased speed. While it may be psychosomatic, I get the impression that webpages, along with programs, are loading faster than on my previous setup. Opera Mini seems to start up just a tiny bit quicker (I mention that just because it has the status bar when first booting up). The Voice Search also boots up right away, whereas on CM I was experiencing seconds of lag. It may be worth to note I ran CM at 550mhz, and I'm running RRC at 600mhz, so that may explain some of the speed differences, but overall I feel like Redrum is a bit snappier. And when I bumped up the speed to 1ghz, it absolutely flew! Only the Launcher and screen transitions seem a little rougher by comparison, but that can be explained by the Live Wallpaper I'm running (was using regular wallpapers on CM), or that HelixLauncher2beta is still beta. Still, this thing is fast, even at stock speed.

Anyway, just wanted to throw out one user's experiences so far with RedRumChaos. Right now I'm really happy with this ROM and imagine I'm going to be sticking with it for the foreseeable future (and this is coming from a guy that just ponied up for Titanium Backup and would be happy to have any excuse to make use of it). Great work Adrynalyne and BGill! Thanks for putting this out there for us to enjoy.

2. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    im glad it all worked out. im running the 1250 lv p3 and loving it. ive been running that one since it came out on all my roms.

3. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    hey i just noticed that some things are not downloading from the browser since installing the rom. might be the other hacks but just want to say something so you can look into that just in case.

4. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the heads up. What sort of things? Is it something I can try on my end?

5. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    yea. i tried to download a dark red cyanogen wallpaper. said it worked but didnt show up on sd card. but could just be me.

6. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    so am i just crazy:icon_eek:

7. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this rom is very nice!!! good work guys.

8. adrynalyne

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Probably :D

i am just kidding :D

Throw me a link this way and I will try it?

9. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    you can just download any image from google. none seemed to work for me...........
    :icon_eek:...crazy whos calling me crazy.....:icon_eek:

10. adrynalyne

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, I downloaded an image ok without issue. But, if you think there is a problem, you can use adb or root explorer to rename download crutch lite, as it handles downloads. Let me know how it fares.

11. bal81

bal81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cant seem to sign into google after downloading this theme from rommanager, i did a datawipe before downloading

any ideas?

also i did check the google addon when i down loaded cyan 5.0.6

12. hedney3

hedney3 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    well explain exactly what you did and what the problem is and ill do my best to help

Edit: by the way this is different than the redrum from rom manager. sorry didnt read your post correctly. this is chaos which is the creation of adrynalyne. themed by bgill.
    pm me for help in redrum cyanogen

#144 hedney3, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010