Rom Rebooting

duckwizzle

Reaction score
Yup 24 hours no reboots with default theme... weird.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

duckwizzle

Reaction score
My reboots start after I install a theme, probably at least an hour after and then its just at random times, but only when I try and unlock the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Urugami

Reaction score
Mine's been rebooting too, since I started using MIUI in December. Didn't matter what theme, I've had reboots.
Looks to me like a memory problem. I've been experimenting lately... I'll hit the Task Killer button whenever I remember to, and the amount of free memory afterward starts out at about 40MB, and works its way down (right now mine is at ~20MB). Eventually, when I go to wake the phone up, it will do as has been described; I'll swipe the lock down, the home screen comes up, but then freeze and eventually reboot. Sometimes this happens when I'm not rebooting, but running several things at once, e.g. WinAmp, Maps, Navigation, while in the car dock. (Phone is extremely laggy while docked, BTW).

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Mine's been rebooting too, since I started using MIUI in December. Didn't matter what theme, I've had reboots.
Looks to me like a memory problem. I've been experimenting lately... I'll hit the Task Killer button whenever I remember to, and the amount of free memory afterward starts out at about 40MB, and works its way down (right now mine is at ~20MB). Eventually, when I go to wake the phone up, it will do as has been described; I'll swipe the lock down, the home screen comes up, but then freeze and eventually reboot. Sometimes this happens when I'm not rebooting, but running several things at once, e.g. WinAmp, Maps, Navigation, while in the car dock. (Phone is extremely laggy while docked, BTW).

try switching kernels