Rom Rebooting

doublea500

Reaction score
in the past few days, i have been getting a ton of reboots on my droid. i know its comming also, what happens is when i try to unlock it, the screen just becomes unresponsive and then it just reboots. any1 else have this problem? any fixes?

duckwizzle

Reaction score
Mine does that too, always when I'm unlocking my phone/turning on the screen. Its been that way since mid december. I read to try other kernals.. so I tried one, boot looped my phone and gave up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
i can honestly say with the 1.22 version i have not had 1 and its the smoothest for me........i was on the 12.24 versions..

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Mine does that too, always when I'm unlocking my phone/turning on the screen. Its been that way since mid december. I read to try other kernals.. so I tried one, boot looped my phone and gave up.

which kernal are you using that you get the reboots with?

tu3218

Reaction score
I think a contributor is the theme your using. Try using just the stock theme.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
Which theme are you using duck. I'm using meizu for the most part.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EnJoY

Reaction score
I've noticed its only when I get a new SMS and unlock my screen. I dont get the reboots every time, but it was happening fairly frequently. I've gone back to PE 4.2 for the time being for some better reliability.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
I've noticed its only when I get a new SMS and unlock my screen. I dont get the reboots every time, but it was happening fairly frequently. I've gone back to PE 4.2 for the time being for some better reliability.

yea same here. could it be the stock messaging app possibly?

duckwizzle

Reaction score

Same, meizu 9 and then JD SuaveHD for icons.

I just put miui back to all default theme, I'll post back tomorrow and let you know if it crashes. If I remember right, I did this after flashing a new update to see if it crashed and still it did. I'll try again to make sure though.

datsyuk

Reaction score
I get that too.

My BEST guess to solve this is to add a profile in SetCPU. My theory is the phone is not waking up enough with enough mhz causing it to crash/reboot. I created a profile with 400/550mhz when the phone is sleeping. I will let you guys know if I get anymore random reboots. And if you're experiencing them just using the ROM, consider that your droid may not be able to run your kernel as fast as you want. My last refurb droid ran like **** and could barely run 1.1ghz, this new one runs 1.2ghz like all my others no problem so far.

So give creating a profile in SetCPU a shot. Haven't gotten one yet switching it earlier today.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score

Same, meizu 9 and then JD SuaveHD for icons.

I just put miui back to all default theme, I'll post back tomorrow and let you know if it crashes. If I remember right, I did this after flashing a new update to see if it crashed and still it did. I'll try again to make sure though.

i have been on the default theme for a while. no reboots so far:D

daddyshatch

Reaction score
Yeah I can't run themed with MIUI without reboots. I run stock and the only issue I have is if I unlock into the messaging app and open the keyboard at the same time the screen goes blank and I have to battery pull.

pdc419

Reaction score
I've been running the M9 on 1.22.0 for a couple of days without reboots. Have these reboots started overtime with the themes for you guys or right away after installing themes