Rom Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by soccer568, May 8, 2010.

1. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

Alright i rooted my phone and am running just stock 2.1 rooted.I want to install the cynangon rom via rom manager.I flashed clockwork recovery and now am able to go to the place to download the rom.I have some questions though like people say when u overlcock that if you choose a kernel your phone doesent like it wll like not boot or something how would i fix that?And what are the steps to take before instaling a rom?
  2. groovydeus

groovydeus New Member

I am by no means an expert at this - but, if you have found a rom that you like I would start by going to that thread in the forums. So, for JRummys - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jr...mix-v0-7-cyanmod-5-0-6-2-5-theme-choices.html

There are instructions on the first page. Before I dove in I just did some searching and came across some well done videos. As far as overclocking - you will back up your current state prior to making your changes. If something is fubar, just reboot into recovery and restore your last.
  3. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

go into rom manager and just select cyanogen it comes with a stock 600 mhz kernel try that its pretty fast after you learn to get around with your fone a little i would try running a kernel for now id just read up for a week or so
  4. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

Alright so just use the stock kernels he has first and then maybe in a little try to overclock once im more experienced?
  5. soccer568

soccer568 New Member

Alright i flashed my droid with cynanogen with the stock kernels.Should i now install the setcpu app and oc to 600mhz?
  6. groovydeus

groovydeus New Member

yep - not that it can't (won't) happen, but I haven't seen anyone have much issue with anything slower than 900Mhz. Just getting to know setcpu will be a bit of a confidence builder.