[ROM] ota froyo frg01b rooted

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 3, 2010.

1. snizzles

snizzles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting a notification for an OTA update that's 45.2 MB, I'm currently running FRG01 from Pete. Anyone else seeing this? Is it safe to download and keep root?

2. Sviz

Sviz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download it but don't install it. As you will lose root. Hook Pete up with the file that you download though. Heck hook us all up :)

3. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, it will remove root. The first post on petes site explains why you are getting the update. It is for Bugless Beast but it is the same concept and the patch should work.

Peter Alfonso

4. snizzles

snizzles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright that's what I thought. Didn't know if the same patch for BB .4 worked. Pete if you want it just message me.

5. DROID408

DROID408 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any news on when the new basebands going to be released? On my other droid, I just did my ota and everything the same except I'm running chevys kernal, and the baseband on the ota is c_01.43.01p vs what I have now that's different.

Please update the rom :). I want my facebook app back, and the new baseband.

6. thesandman00

thesandman00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The rom has nothing to do with the baseband. If you want the new one, download it and flash it on whatever handset doesn't have it.

7. yorT

yorT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I downloaded the zip and renamed update.zip and put on root of SD
    Turn of phone and run SP Recovery
    Do a wipe/factory reset
    Go to install and install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)

Then I get the message can't find file and it aborted. Any thoughts?

8. tyson1

tyson1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when you renamed the zip file did you type: update.zip - if you did the file would actually now read update.zip.zip - just a thought

9. yorT

yorT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually tried both. The first time I just changed it to "update" the second time I tried "update.zip"

10. yorT

yorT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All right, got the update to work and it runs great. Only thing is the facebook app is missing.

11. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I upgraded to the rom Pete has listed in his download section called FRG22. Baseband version C_01.43.01P. Kernel version 2.6.32.9.P3Droids. android version 2.2. At this point it's running really stable. Tethering works really well and fast. Also installed the 250-1000-v32kernal.zip and set my CPU Speed at the 1000 level. CPU does not heat up, system is stable and battery so far is great. Has any one else done this set up and if yes with what results. As a foot note I upgraded from bb v0.4 directly into this ROM without removing or clearing anything. With this upgrade I also ended up with the current market revision level for google maps which I was not able to get to install with bb v0.4.

12. ohioDroid

ohioDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running an older leak of stock FRG01B. When you say you upgraded the ROM for FRG22, what exactly did you do? I have ClockWorkRecovery set up (and can set up SPRecovery if needed). I'd like to upgrade but do not want to deal with backing up and restoring everything with Titanium Backup.

I'll probably try it out with Chevy's ULV kernel, it looks like the version I have now is 2.6.32-ulowV-1.0Ghz

Search tags for this page

droid x download stock froyo 340 zip