[ROM] ota froyo frg01b rooted

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Aug 3, 2010.

1. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I downloaded the FRG22 (DeOdexed) from Petes web page (Peter Alfonso) placing it into my Droid in the 'clockworksmod/download' folder. Then using ROM Managers function 'Install ROM from SD Card' I did an install of this ROM with out doing any of the requested wipes. Installed with no issues. I then installed faster kernel (250-1100) made a backup using ROM Manager and have never looked back. Did not have to reload any applications or unique settings they all stayed. I did get the latest version of Google Maps which I was never able to upgrade to while I had BB V0.4 on my unit.

2. yorT

yorT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the difference between the FRG01B and the FRG22? I know the FRG01B is the OTA build that was sent out. Where did FRG22 come from?

3. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    FRG22 was a OTA build issued after the FRG01B was issued. Some posts indicate there was no difference and some Thera indicate something about google maps and flash. I do not know exactly what Pete did but as I recall he indicated it was must fixed for his normal releases without his unique touches to smooth things out within the ROM. I took the last ROM he had listed on his download site listing thinking it was the latest.

4. Jshep2010

Jshep2010 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a ton pete!!! I have tried Nexbeast 1.1 and smoked glass v6.0.1 and i should of just got this in the first place. Good work man!

5. Caden

Caden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nice! thanks man..

6. pstrang

pstrang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded the FRG22 (DeOdexed) from Petes web page, but SU (root) isn't working. It's there, says it's up to date, but apps can't get root access. Aren't these ROMs rooted anymore?

Thanks for the help!.

7. pstrang

pstrang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update: I rooted it, since it didn't appear to come like that. Seems okay now.

8. Wrenbjor

Wrenbjor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got this patch back in June and it's been great. This morning I had an update notification for security patches required to download Flash 10.1 I already have it so I don't know what to do. Will there be a second patch to block this update as well or should I just try to install it?

bugless 0.4
    Fryo 2.2
    C_01.3E.01P

Search tags for this page

droid x download stock froyo 340 zip