1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ROM Opinions

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by woodyman, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodyman

woodyman New Member Developer

So theres a few things that either myself, or someone in the community would like to see in the ROM, I do not want all these features, but some I do, so I am leaving this up to you guys..

The thing is I would love to make everything my own for a truly custom Droid Concepts ROM, the problem is, I'm ONE person with a busy life, and this is just a hobby and something I do in my spare time, and for fun. So I do not have the time to recode and redo the majority of stock like the CyanogenMod Team does, they have a huge team and most of those guys are professional coders/programmers.

So what I am asking you guys is would you like to see the

CyanogenMod:
    Phone
    Contacts
    Browser

apps included in the Droid Concepts ROM

POLL BELOW, AND POST ANY THOUGHTS/SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE
  2. kratos

kratos New Member

I would love to see the Nexus S Power Widget (on the notification pull down) in this ROM! I absolutely love that thing and have grown very accustom to having it around.

I also would like the option to remove the "frequently contacted" list from the favorites tab. I just hate scrolling to the bottom of my favorites and accidentally over-scrolling and ending up half way down the frequently contacted list.

Otherwise, I like what you have already.

Kratos
  3. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

If this is possible, I 2nd this... or at least an option to clear the list would be nice! I hate seeing ppl I don't like that call me (I use my personal phone for work)... though I may have to have their contacts, they should not be on my favorite contacts list! :icon_ goofy:
  4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Sorry, I've never tried CM. For some reason not much about it appealed to me (other than the occasional theme and a few details like reboot to recovery ;) ). Are these apps just customized versions of the stock apps and are you asking which ones to replace in your rom?

I've only used the stock phone/contacts, so I couldn't say if anything else would be better. Dolphin and some other browsers require and are perhaps just wrappers for the stock browser. Since I use Dolphin and Opera browsers mainly, and thinking about trying Firefox too, I doubt I'd care about the CM one there.
  5. woodyman

The pull down bar widget will be included, I don't know when I'll get to it, but I did plan on bringing it to the ROM, so no worries.. :)

As far as the Phone app development, I will check into it, and most likely add it, it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.. ;)

6. woodyman

I will defiantly check into it, no ETA at this time though, as I'm trying to first get the DCSettings app done, and with a few options.

7. woodyman

Well I have since changed my mind, any parts that I may want or feel will be usefull in the ROM I will include, I don't want to simply use CM source, lol..

8. swallisa

swallisa New Member

Now that has my vote!!!!
  9. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Rebel .
  10. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 New Member

Having the custom power controls widget is a very handy feature in my opinion!
  11. woodyman

this will be included at some point, again no ETA on this either. things are being added and i appreciate all the suggestions.. :)
  12. Tsusai

Tsusai New Member

The screen-off long-press volume keys for previous or next track, and off screen long press camera button for play / pause. I use my phone as a bluetooth MP3 player in the car :)
  13. SithDroid2187

SithDroid2187 New Member

The only things I truly wish in a rom are the Galaxy S style power widget, the ability to change text colors and fonts.
  14. woodyman

Thanks for the input, we will work on adding this feature.

Already being worked on my friend.. :)

15. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Would it be possible to put xeudoxus' minimum brightness patch into your DC options? I could apply it myself, but it's a one time, non-adjustable thing. The ability to make this change and apply it with a simple setting/reboot would be incredible.
  16. woodyman

I wasn't doing the minimum brightness hack I had another plan but it would do the same thing essentially.. working on coding it now.. :)

17. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

If you've found a way to dark-theme-ify everything on the fly, that would blow my mind. :D
  18. KevonnnAPV

KevonnnAPV New Member

If possible Woodyman, I would like to see an overscroll feature. Not the GB orange glow one. Just a bounce back, but not like cm6 cuz it bounced multiple times. Just a simple snap back feature. Also, what do you think of adding a way to control scrolling speed? I know a handful of users would like that as well. Thanks for taking our ideas into consideration. Loving DC #7 very fast and great with battery life.

Edit: I found that the overscroll feature in the galaxy s roms is quite awesome. Any chance that same motion can be ported to your rom?
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  19. underwaterjr

underwaterjr New Member

If its not to much work I would like to see if a rotary lock screen option would be possible.
  20. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

I just saw HTC's sense skins on my friend's Thunderbolt. OMG

So how about it Woody, can you put real-time, full UI skinning in this rom? It doesn't have to make it into the next build... :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.