ROM Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
So theres a few things that either myself, or someone in the community would like to see in the ROM, I do not want all these features, but some I do, so I am leaving this up to you guys..

The thing is I would love to make everything my own for a truly custom Droid Concepts ROM, the problem is, I'm ONE person with a busy life, and this is just a hobby and something I do in my spare time, and for fun. So I do not have the time to recode and redo the majority of stock like the CyanogenMod Team does, they have a huge team and most of those guys are professional coders/programmers.

So what I am asking you guys is would you like to see the

CyanogenMod:
Phone
Contacts
Browser

apps included in the Droid Concepts ROM

POLL BELOW, AND POST ANY THOUGHTS/SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE

kratos

Reaction score
I would love to see the Nexus S Power Widget (on the notification pull down) in this ROM! I absolutely love that thing and have grown very accustom to having it around.

I also would like the option to remove the "frequently contacted" list from the favorites tab. I just hate scrolling to the bottom of my favorites and accidentally over-scrolling and ending up half way down the frequently contacted list.

Otherwise, I like what you have already.

Kratos

djakrse

Reaction score
I also would like the option to remove the "frequently contacted" list from the favorites tab. I just hate scrolling to the bottom of my favorites and accidentally over-scrolling and ending up half way down the frequently contacted list.
Kratos
If this is possible, I 2nd this... or at least an option to clear the list would be nice! I hate seeing ppl I don't like that call me (I use my personal phone for work)... though I may have to have their contacts, they should not be on my favorite contacts list! :icon_ goofy:

djakrse

Reaction score

CyanogenMod:
Phone
Contacts
Browser

Sorry, I've never tried CM. For some reason not much about it appealed to me (other than the occasional theme and a few details like reboot to recovery ;) ). Are these apps just customized versions of the stock apps and are you asking which ones to replace in your rom?

I've only used the stock phone/contacts, so I couldn't say if anything else would be better. Dolphin and some other browsers require and are perhaps just wrappers for the stock browser. Since I use Dolphin and Opera browsers mainly, and thinking about trying Firefox too, I doubt I'd care about the CM one there.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
The pull down bar widget will be included, I don't know when I'll get to it, but I did plan on bringing it to the ROM, so no worries.. :)

As far as the Phone app development, I will check into it, and most likely add it, it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.. ;)

I would love to see the Nexus S Power Widget (on the notification pull down) in this ROM! I absolutely love that thing and have grown very accustom to having it around.

Otherwise, I like what you have already.

Kratos

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I will defiantly check into it, no ETA at this time though, as I'm trying to first get the DCSettings app done, and with a few options.

Kratos
If this is possible, I 2nd this... or at least an option to clear the list would be nice! I hate seeing ppl I don't like that call me (I use my personal phone for work)... though I may have to have their contacts, they should not be on my favorite contacts list! :icon_ goofy:

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Well I have since changed my mind, any parts that I may want or feel will be usefull in the ROM I will include, I don't want to simply use CM source, lol..

CyanogenMod:
Phone
Contacts
Browser

Sorry, I've never tried CM. For some reason not much about it appealed to me (other than the occasional theme and a few details like reboot to recovery ;) ). Are these apps just customized versions of the stock apps and are you asking which ones to replace in your rom?

I've only used the stock phone/contacts, so I couldn't say if anything else would be better. Dolphin and some other browsers require and are perhaps just wrappers for the stock browser. Since I use Dolphin and Opera browsers mainly, and thinking about trying Firefox too, I doubt I'd care about the CM one there.

Tsusai

Reaction score
The screen-off long-press volume keys for previous or next track, and off screen long press camera button for play / pause. I use my phone as a bluetooth MP3 player in the car :)

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
The only things I truly wish in a rom are the Galaxy S style power widget, the ability to change text colors and fonts.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Thanks for the input, we will work on adding this feature.

The screen-off long-press volume keys for previous or next track, and off screen long press camera button for play / pause. I use my phone as a bluetooth MP3 player in the car :)

Already being worked on my friend.. :)

The only things I truly wish in a rom are the Galaxy S style power widget, the ability to change text colors and fonts.

djakrse

Reaction score
Would it be possible to put xeudoxus' minimum brightness patch into your DC options? I could apply it myself, but it's a one time, non-adjustable thing. The ability to make this change and apply it with a simple setting/reboot would be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.