[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by kejar31, Feb 2, 2011.

1. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand why everyone hates blur. I happen to like it. Any way I can get the dlna function back without twonky or a 3rd party app?

2. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Load a ROM that is based on Blur framework.

In this case, it's not a matter of hating, or not hating Blur. It's a matter of what the foundation of the ROM was based on. Liberty is not based on the default Blur build, it's partially from the Moto SDK as well as other sources. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... :S

If someone has gotten DLNA to work with the framework used for Liberty, great. (Not that I'm aware of, though...)
    If not, then the best option I can give you, is use a ROM that is derived from the stock Blur framework... you'll have better luck if you need all of the Blur functionality.

3. nyr2k2

nyr2k2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, just wanted to express my appreciation for all the work kejar31 and everyone else put into this ROM.

I was a longtime rubiX user, who was hesitant to switch over to a different ROM. Damn, am I glad I did. I fired this sucker up and applied Linear, and it's just incredible. Fantastic work, and many thanks.

Quick question: on the lock screen with Linear, I don't see any indicators for unlock or silence. I understand how to utilize them with left and right swipes, but there isn't any text or anything there until I begin the swipe. It's just a black/gray bar. Is this normal, or am I missing something? I couldn't find the Linear release thread, so apologies for asking here.

Also, I had rubiX configured so that pressing the top power button during a call would end the call. I can't remember how to do that, or whether I can do that on Liberty.

Thanks again!

#807 nyr2k2, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  4. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay why is my hdmi out not working? Is this a rom related issue? I even bought the real hdmi app which did not detect my tv. Did I miss something??

5. Mayze

Mayze Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ran into the same issue and decided stock or Apex would suit me better. I highly recommend Apex 1.4 you can remove or add as much blur that you want without crippling your phones main functionality such as Hdmi out.

6. nakhleh926

nakhleh926 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not sure about the theme, but for the call, go to settings then accessibility, then the very bottom option :D.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

7. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Again, my response (post 806) applies.
    These features are put there by Moto, and require some of the Blur framework, which isn't used by Liberty... for full Blur functionality, perhaps a ROM that is derived from Blur framework would be a better fit for you.

It's preference, you want that stuff, I don't. That's what's great about Android, there are options! I do hope that you enjoy your blur as much as I enjoy not having it on my phone...

8. droid fetish

droid fetish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok "cripple your phone" Most of us on this rom are here because "MOTO BLUR" crippled our phones! Thats why we love this rom. I have said it before dont you people read about a rom before you flash it? If you did you would find that if you like MOTO BLUR you go with a BLUR based rom, if not you go with a virtually BLURLESS rom. Please people read read read before you make a decision.

9. droid fetish

droid fetish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And then reread! And reread again before you complain! And dont complain about how the rom screwed up your phone if you didnt follow the devs. instructions to the letter! I realize this is common sense for most of us, but for some sadly, it is not.

10. wooddale

wooddale Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Sep hood answer that is the beauty of having so many roms too choose from you can always find one that works for you Thanks

11. Woof

Woof New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love this Rom except for one thing.
    Somehow I set the darn phone to vibrate on email and sms receipt. Hate that I did it but can't for the life of me find where to tun it off.

Can anyone here help me?

12. droid fetish

droid fetish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when in the email program press menu and you should see a settings box.

Search tags for this page
# verizon rc bootstrap config-file
jrummy liberty wallpaper

liberty 1.5

minemichi 1.5.2 zip
reset password of fly fab