[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

dlbiggs

Reaction score
Recommended Settings

First off, thanks for putting this rom together, it works real well.

I have switched to Droid X after 3 years on the Samsung Omnia, where I reflashed its rom with in 1 month of owning it. It helps to have lots of "windows knowledge", and not being afraid to experiment.

Now after receiving the DX, I was drawn into flashing and experimenting with it. Android operating systems aare throwing me a curveball, and the learning curve is fierce, but attainable.

My question to the powers that be is this. With all the advanced settings that are available, and all the hacks that may or may not help, is there a simple roadmap and guide to suggested settings to make this phone work better. Not out of this world, but simply faster, and better all the way around.

I have searched this forum quite well, and am very appreciative of the hard work put in by the devs, but a "Guidebook" to all the settings would be helpful. Take your time, as I am sure your ass is dragging from this latest venture, and once again, thank you.:rating10:

el_ote

Reaction score
Dlbiggs. I would have you read the thread from the first liberty release...VERY informative. its a big read but should put u on the right track...

chris.heko

Reaction score
Stock Visual Voicemail APK

is it possible to install the factory visual voicemail, after liberty 1.5
I can download the one from the market, but I prefer the stock one.

I've attached the stock VVM.apk...Just unzip, dump .apk onto sdcard, install, and enjoy!

JkdJedi

Reaction score
here's the installer zip to remove data throttle in liberty 1.5.

Just install via clockwork like any other update zip file...
Thanks, gonna flash this this weekend...again.

Since that's my post, I font know if im credible. That's the latest and greatest services.jar from lib 1.5 with throttle removed by myself...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Hey thanks again, I just flashed the zip! Quick question, I applied revolution remix theme before I flashed the Throttle hack, is the hack good with all the themes found in liberty tool box or just stock Liberty?

thahandyman

Reaction score
I'd like it as well kej.... might be worth just throwing a link on the main page, that way the 10,000 of us who downloaded your rom dont have to keep asking for it ;)

oh and since i havent said so yet... bravo and thanks

thahandyman

Reaction score
sick background you created there. thanks for sharing
Beautiful, smooth, stable and FAST. My Droid X screams! Much love and thanks Kejar and Jrummy. Lovin' this ROM. Here's a wallpaper I made earlier in Photoshop currently on my phone. Thanks again!

lib10.png

supercell2000

Reaction score
Great ROM! It seems even smoother than 1.0. One small issue: ROM Manager isn't getting root access. All the other apps that need it are. I tried clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling. Any other suggestions? Really it's not that big of a deal, I only use ROM Manager for naming backups.

Boblank

Reaction score
is anybody else experiencing rebots upon usb connection? not that big of a deal just wondering??

Not sure why this would be but I have never had a usb reboot at home that I can recall. I got them at my computer at work yesterday, switched usb port and didn't get anymore... Coincident? Maybe.... Both windows xp

jonwgee

Reaction score
Great ROM! It seems even smoother than 1.0. One small issue: ROM Manager isn't getting root access. All the other apps that need it are. I tried clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling. Any other suggestions? Really it's not that big of a deal, I only use ROM Manager for naming backups.

You can just use Root Explorer to rename your backups in sdcard: clockworkmod: backups .....

jgmarz

Reaction score
Syncing google apps

Just installed Liberty 1.5 after complete data and cache wipe. I signed into google market and setup gmail but my apps aren't syncing, how do I do that?

NikolaeV

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still hitting the issue where the toolbox causes my phone to force reboot everytime I try to download an add-on. As soon as I click a addon, it freezes when downloading and force reboots.

I've tried multiple full cache and data wipes with reflashes as well as redownloading the ROM several times.

No dice.

This problem is infuriating.