[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

XMike

Reaction score
Awesome rom!!! What's the standard donation amount? I donated $10 and feel that's a bargain to get my phone running so smoothly. Just one thing...I miss speed dial on the phone. Anyway of getting it back?

The speed dial config was built into the phone app on Blur, and doesn't work on non-blur framework ROMs... :(

There are a couple front end dialers that will give you speed dial back:
DialerOne, aContacts for example...
Or, there are a couple speed dial apps that will do it too.. (NOT the hold the button speed dial.. but dialing that number and hitting dial)...
The one I usually recommend is here:
Speed Dial - Android Application on the Android market

HTH!

Using the DialerOne now, thanks. Works pretty good too.

keysersoze25

Reaction score
so interesting thing happened...when i boot into recovery to install i cannot choose anything. my camera button seems to not work in recovery? it does work when i boot normally and use the camera however. i'm not sure how to fix that and i dont see a way around NOT using the camera button in recovery to install, backup etc. anyone else have this problem?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
is the 3g hot spot used in conjunction with the mynet app in Lib i had to revert back to Lib 1.0 due to wireless tether not working:( the 3g hotspot is the alternate to Wireless tether? Everyone seems to be Fully enjoying this work of heart and am outside looking in..Can someone shed light on this tethering issue I am having please?

Nmayar

Reaction score
So I think you need to know that mynet is the 3g hotspot and TBH has a fix for it to work for free. But there are so many post I am nit sure if I am answering your question

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nmtuna

Reaction score
2 Things.

1. I still can't get anything in the toolbox to install. I did download the update from the market.

2. No Battery Manager under settings, I was trying to look, seems to be burning battery a little, not too bad, but more than normal.

Otherwise, so far so GREAT!

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
So I think you need to know that mynet is the 3g hotspot and TBH has a fix for it to work for free. But there are so many post I am nit sure if I am answering your question

not quite..I wanna tether..bottom line is, lib 1.5 didn't work for me and lib 1 does. what do I do

JkdJedi

Reaction score
Im guessing everyone having problems here DID NOT WIPE DATA and CASHE prior to flashing this rom.

Nmayar

Reaction score
Its available via the app the have. I love that hack works awesome.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

Nmayar

Reaction score

not quite..I wanna tether..bottom line is, lib 1.5 didn't work for me and lib 1 does. what do I do

Ok to be honest I am not sure why that is for you. Even after you sbf and then load 1.0 you can't then do the 1.5? That is odd, how old is the phone ever think of a replacement?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

Ok to be honest I am not sure why that is for you. Even after you sbf and then load 1.0 you can't then do the 1.5? That is odd, how old is the phone ever think of a replacement?

Definitely not a replacement..phone is not even 7 months old and I baby this thing like i do my own Son:) i'll give a try again and try to load a Fresh install of Lib1.5 and a fresh install of Wirelss teth. Does Wrslss teth depend on any other app to function properly?..btw, i successfully load Lib 1.5, its the wrlss teth app that doesn't work w/it. it works w/Lib1.0... just to make sure we're on the same page

Last edited:

bbrink68

Reaction score
Yes!!

Thanks!! Great work guys, good thing i happened to google search for Liberty update. I was relying on the "ROM Updates" under settings to notify me! Installing now!!

xomby

Reaction score
I'm getting a force close on my messaging. The weird thing is, it's only when I'm sending a new message and only for my contacts whose names start with J and M. AND it closes if I just try to enter their phone number too.

For instance, I want to text my mom. I have 0 texts so I start a new one and in the name field I enter "M" and everything is fine. I hit "o" and I'm hit with a force close.

This was happening to me on 1.0 as well, which is why I switched to Rubix 1.9.7. I came back to Liberty because I loved it and hoped this problem would have gone away but it hasn't. Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening? Is anyone else getting the same thing?

Reposting this because I didn't see a response for it and I'm wondering if now that more people have the rom, maybe someone else has come across this.

Any help is much appreciated