[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something... I went to try and change my notification ringtones and my only options are default ringtone, current ringtone, or music. Where are my system ringtones? I get the same thing under regular phone ringtones too. Why isn't system an option?

Reboot fixed this. Guess I just needed to not look for it on first boot :)

detox

Reaction score
Will I still be able to use my Black Juice theme or does the theme also have to be updated too?

I was told framework has changed and would cause bootloops but if you're feeling frisky make a nandroid and give it a shot

sent from my d1

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Will I still be able to use my Black Juice theme or does the theme also have to be updated too?

I was told framework has changed and would cause bootloops but if you're feeling frisky make a nandroid and give it a shot

sent from my d1

Guys.... neither framework-res nor the services.jar were significantly changed (most of the framework work was done in the framework.jar) but.... If you install themes you will be installing apps from the old 1.0 release. Therefore you will lose fixes to both email and mms!!!!

All the apps were redone for this build!!!!! do not undo that work with a theme unless it was made for Liberty 1.5

Last edited:

detox

Reaction score

sent from my d1

Guys.... the framework-res nor the services.jar was not significantly changed (most of the framework work was done in the framework.jar) but.... If you install themes you will be apps from the old 1.0 release. Therefore you will lose fixes to both email and mms!!!!

Thanks for the clarification!

sent from my X

djsiva

Reaction score
Well, since I didn't get any responses... I just pulled the battery, SBFd, and reinstalled. Something must have gone wrong with the first install that caused me to bootloop. We're all good now.

EXQEX9

Reaction score
Ugh, so awesome. I installed late last night and have been playing with it this morning. The improvements in the toolbox are very welome. Thank you! Sending some booze money your way! Keep up the good work! :)

kiwiruss

Reaction score
bandwidth hack

Can anyone say if this latest and most excellent liberty release has the verizon bandwidth throttling disable hack built in ?

BTW - I installed this rom a couple of hours ago and it rocks !
helped another co-worker install it too.

rolandct

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem restoring apps from Titanium Backup?

Restores didn't work in the last version either coming from another rom. I assume there is something incompatible in this rom and others in regard to this functionality. However I haven't tried restoring ver 1 data to 1.5 to see if that is the case. Still waiting on Google to put back all my apps automatically since I just updated.

Update: Still doesn't work when storing 1.0 data to 1.5. So the rom in general must not be compatible with Titanium unless the changes between the roms are producing the failures.

Last edited:

rolandct

Reaction score
torrent

Thank you for the torrent options, I just downloaded it in less than a minute, I think it was less than 30 seconds. :) I'll seed too.

Update: I went back and checked, 34 seconds. Anyone going slow try torrent if you can.

germster

Reaction score
Upon reboot, a yellow bar appears in the middle of the screen (looks like a butter ba

So I downloaded 1.5 last night, no problems, rebooted bootstrap, installed zip, no problem, got everything set up (icon-wise), then figured I'd try to dl a new theme from Lib Toolbox. Clicked the Mysterious Beast theme, started downloading, then realized I wasn't up to v. 1.1 Toolbox. I backed out of the Toolbox to update it from Market, went back into Toolbox 1.1, decided I'd wait on themes (cause I'm impatient that way), and went to dl the Gingerbread keyboard. Headed for bed, then my phone turned off and rebooted by itself, and left me with this:
Problem:
Upon reboot, a yellow bar appears in the middle of the screen (looks like a butter bar) after the M (where the Liberty eagle was at on 1.0). Then everything loads up as normal, with the exception of a small detail. There are no words. Anywhere. Icons are fine, windows and alerts still pop up, but they are empty. Yelp!

Could someone possibly post screenshots of Liberty Toolbox walking me through the pages to the reboot options? I can still see the buttons, but there are not words on them so I don't know which ones to press to get me to reboot bootstrap..

Thanks all.

me to any help with this

jskoland

Reaction score
I am using the gingerbread theme, tried setting up my corporate account and when I get to the option to give it a name I can only type in two letters before I get a force close on the keyboard. Anyone else seen this issue?

rdoane

Reaction score
In regards to memory management, there are settings in both Liberty Settings as well as the Liberty Toolbox to set the minimum amount of free memory. Should I use both, or just one. If just one, which one? Thanks for the hard work guys.

mazz0310

Reaction score
Anyone having a problem restoring apps from Titanium Backup?

Restores didn't work in the last version either coming from another rom. I assume there is something incompatible in this rom and others in regard to this functionality. However I haven't tried restoring ver 1 data to 1.5 to see if that is the case. Still waiting on Google to put back all my apps automatically since I just updated.

Update: Still doesn't work when storing 1.0 data to 1.5. So the rom in general must not be compatible with Titanium unless the changes between the roms are producing the failures.

Damn thats a bummer.