[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

jwnic

Reaction score
Actually now in the Liberty toolbar it allows you to preview the theme slightly before downloading it.

Just went into the Toolbox (is that what you mean?) and clicked a theme and it immediately began downloading/installing.. Are you talking about something else?

Varelse

Reaction score
Actually now in the Liberty toolbar it allows you to preview the theme slightly before downloading it.

Just went into the Toolbox (is that what you mean?) and clicked a theme and it immediately began downloading/installing.. Are you talking about something else?

Well im in Toolbox right now, weent to
Liberty Mods
Install themes,
and there i see previews of what the roms look like without downloading them. Im using Liberty 1.5 and toolbox is version 1.1

There are just tiny previews though.

jwnic

Reaction score

Well im in Toolbox right now, weent to
Liberty Mods
Install themes,
and there i see previews of what the roms look like without downloading them. Im using Liberty 1.5 and toolbox is version 1.1

There are just tiny previews though.

I'm a moron... I hadn't updated the Toolbox.. Doh! Thanks..

Varelse

Reaction score
Well i guess im kinda dumb or something.

I just realized if you change the notification sound to something other than the Droid one, it just wont play when you turn the phone on and off. Just in case other people are trying to figure it out.

omnicious

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my phone to connect to google servers to connect to my account during setup. Any suggestions? Tried wifi and 3G. Seems like the phone just doesn't know to attempt to get online during the process.

nate.fehr

Reaction score
The good thing about working 3rd shift is that my lunch time is everyone else's middle of the night. I can download from anywhere! Muwahaha.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

omnicious

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my phone to connect to google servers to connect to my account during setup. Any suggestions? Tried wifi and 3G. Seems like the phone just doesn't know to attempt to get online during the process.

Never mind. Fixed that. What I need to know now is how can I link my phone to my account without it automatically syncing all my apps. Please help.

[Edit] Never mind. Fixed that too.

xomby

Reaction score
I'm getting a force close on my messaging. The weird thing is, it's only when I'm sending a new message and only for my contacts whose names start with J and M. AND it closes if I just try to enter their phone number too.

For instance, I want to text my mom. I have 0 texts so I start a new one and in the name field I enter "M" and everything is fine. I hit "o" and I'm hit with a force close.

This was happening to me on 1.0 as well, which is why I switched to Rubix 1.9.7. I came back to Liberty because I loved it and hoped this problem would have gone away but it hasn't. Can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening? Is anyone else getting the same thing?

andylulzyou

Reaction score

Sometimes that just happens, you could try a reboot or just wait it out..

On another note, it should be a crime if you don't do the Maderstcok before installing a rom.. it seriously flys by and ensures a quick and easy install

.46caliber

Reaction score
Kejar and Jrummy,

Thank you guys very much. The work is truly great. And thanks for the additional links. Thanks to BGill's link, my download took only 3 minutes. Can't wait to install this when I'm up for real.

davidnc

Reaction score
:woot:Wooot ! :) snagged my copy just then .Download was pretty quick since everyone else is still sleeping :D

Last edited:

pkbest

Reaction score
Great job guys... transfering to phone for install now. Will post on here / twitter (airforcegeek) and let you guys know whats up... by what i hear and see its very promising :D

pokorn28

Reaction score
Currently Minot, ND but it isn't home for me
Hello all, I would just like to say that I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into making this rom. I like the setup and it appears to be faster than any of the other roms that I have used in the past, which are a lot of them. I have bounced between APEX, GummyJar, Rubiks, and now this one. So far I like Liberty the best.

However, I seem to be having an issue with the Gingerbread keyboard. I have downloaded it and the toolbox says that it is successfully installed. I go to the settings, enable the keyboard yet it is still the stock keyboard. Any ideas on this?

Edit: Nevermind, I should have looked at all of the threads for help first before posting this. The solution is under the "How to" sticky.

Last edited:

validoption

Reaction score
Ha! And I just switched ROMs last night while waiting for this release! Serves me right; can't wait to rock this!