ROM name

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Ok, I'm not going to say much here other than the purpose of this post. With the upcoming releases, we have been torn on some names for the ROM, so we are asking you, [the community] for your input.

Just a quick reminder on the history of this ROM. This ROM started with the name "Succulent Desire" we have used that name since the creation of the Droid Concepts team, and even before it was team, the ROM was called by that name by me [woodyman]. Recently there has been questions on will we call this the Droid Concepts ROM, Droid Concepts MOD, or the original name Succulent Desire.

So please cast your vote, and let us know how you feel..

jev

Reaction score
The only thing I'll say about the Succulent Desire name is it probably will be shortened by some/most to SD. While yours was the first "SD" chevycam94's Steel Droid is also an SD and could result in some confusion. For this reason only, I'm voting for Droid Concepts.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
The only thing I'll say about the Succulent Desire name is it probably will be shortened by some/most to SD. While yours was the first "SD" chevycam94's Steel Droid is also an SD and could result in some confusion. For this reason only, I'm voting for Droid Concepts.

I understand your point here, I myself am leaning towards the Succulent Desire name, but for this reason and a few others its up in the air, also to the one person who voted other please leave us your name opinion in a comment, and anyone else who votes other please leave your thought in the thread.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I voted other woody : )

DCM, just use acronym

never cared for Succulent Desire..sounded like a flower or plant : )

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I voted other. I agree that DCM has a good ring to it.

On a side note I have never tried a Droid Concepts rom and I will be excited to try it out when it comes out. The little tid bits of info that pop up in this forum every now and then have me interested.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep they win! I have always like the Succulent Desire cause it kind of stood out and made the ROM personal but DCM is pretty darn Sweeeeeet sounding.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I have always liked the original name, but the whole DCM idea is nice, so as a modder I've modded and melded. This also will help avoid confusion with other SD ROM.
Ladies and gents may I present to you several ideas:
SDCM succulent droid concepts mod
DCS droid concepts succulence
SI succulent inception
SDR succulent desire reborn
DCP droid concepts phoenix
TPC the phoenix conception
SDA succulent desire apex

CWTFTT can't wait to flash this thing

just brainstorming so don't be hating

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I have always liked the original name, but the whole DCM idea is nice, so as a modder I've modded and melded. This also will help avoid confusion with other SD ROM.
Ladies and gents may I present to you several ideas:
SDCM succulent droid concepts mod
DCS droid concepts succulence
SI succulent inception
SDR succulent desire reborn
DCP droid concepts phoenix
TPC the phoenix conception
SDA succulent desire apex

CWTFTT can't wait to flash this thing

just brainstorming so don't be hating

lol nice man, i like some of those, and just a heads up i did release a build just yesterday..

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Woodrow my Man
I am always on a one day delay, as I'm pacing myself.
Right now it is tomorrow in Japan, today in the U.S., and yesterday in my world.
Only negative is back in college I missed all my tests.
Hence my college mantra:
University of Michigan: The Best Seven Years of Your Life

Glad you liked some of the names. Back when I was struggling in entertainment out in L.A., I used to get side gigs creating better titles for movies.
Like when I suggested Speed as the name for a project they had in production called Really Fast Bus.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Woodrow my Man
I am always on a one day delay, as I'm pacing myself.
Right now it is tomorrow in Japan, today in the U.S., and yesterday in my world.
Only negative is back in college I missed all my tests.
Hence my college mantra:
University of Michigan: The Best Seven Years of Your Life

Glad you liked some of the names. Back when I was struggling in entertainment out in L.A., I used to get side gigs creating better titles for movies.
Like when I suggested Speed as the name for a project they had in production called Really Fast Bus.

lol, thats great man..