[ROM MOD] AOSP Liberty GB

BeKure

Reaction score
Up and running! Very smooth like Aosp should be and you can flash the camera zip and make videos of all your buddies running quadrant scores over and over again! 16 hours on battery so far.... Great work team! This rocks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

16 hours? I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of battery life. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm curious as to what would happen if data is restored as well?[/QUOTE]

If you dont want to use your phone & are quite partial to the force close pop up, by all means, restore data. LoL

But seriously, just dont do it. Data from one rom, to another usually doesnt play nice, espicially if your restore blur data to an aosp app.
Thanks

OP
mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Say, mobile, are you going to keep this updated with Liberty's betas?

By that I mean, when v.9 comes out will you update AOSP to that and so on?

I guess I'm asking if we will have rolling releases alongside the "Blur" Liberty releases?

Sent from Eugene. Yes, my phone has a name.

Yes, I will keep it updated :)

BeKure

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what would happen if data is restored as well?

If you dont want to use your phone & are quite partial to the force close pop up, by all means, restore data. LoL

But seriously, just dont do it. Data from one rom, to another usually doesnt play nice, espicially if your restore blur data to an aosp app.
Thanks
[/QUOTE]

I have always restored data along with my apps. Maybe that's why I only get 4-5 hours of battery life?

Emitted from my Droid X via TapaTalk

Jaxpr3394

Reaction score
Okay guys, new question: I flashed the black market app from Sensei's StormShadow, and it worked fine for a couple of hours, but now it just force closes. I cleared the cache and data from the app and even tried reflashing it, but to no avail. Thoughts?

Sent from my liberated Droid X.

"Violent by design, guilty by association."

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
You might try zip aligning. I had a couple of minor issues with updating apps, they were resolved after I did that.

Updated from my GingerHoney LGBD2 @ 1.2 GHz

bodean

Reaction score
Running great, however I'm missing the default "NOTE" app. Searched on market, and cant find it either. Other than that, running great.

cuebask

Reaction score
Run fixperms in terminal, reboot and see if that helps.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Just tried that and no luck. :/

Sent from my liberated Droid X.

"Violent by design, guilty by association."

I'm not really sure. I have been running it with apex for quite awhile, and I have really had no issues other than apps failing to install (not themed ones) but zipaligning seemed to fix that. Sorry man, i'm at a loss.

flyinfool2

Reaction score
The only issue I have since installing this ROM is that the WiFi sleep policy does not seem to work. When the screen is turned off and connected to WiFi the phone does not switch over to 3G after any period of time. Kinda drains the battery a little faster. I can't remember if this was also the case when I was on the GB 0.8 nightly. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from a Liberated DROIDX

busterbluth

Reaction score
I have noticed one minor bug. If you put the phone in a car dock, the unlock slider has the blur slider skin (vibrate slider is still AOSP though).

Other than that, this is pretty solid. The phone will randomly hot boot if it's in and out of the car dock a few times in a day but that was happening on 0.8 so it's not really specific to this AOSP version.

Great work!