[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.9 [DEV]

chewy74

Reaction score
are you flashing with cwr or rzr? Mag said there was some reported issues with flashing with rzr.

So try it with cwr if applicable

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

zachdroid

Reaction score
are you flashing with cwr or rzr? Mag said there was some reported issues with flashing with rzr.

So try it with cwr if applicable

I did. After full wipe all is good again in the miui.us world :-]

DavMar

Reaction score
I too concur with fail to authorize with gtalk and flaky market ... just doesn't work in downloading phase
Yes wiped and flashed different time. Tried with Rom Mgr.. also directly in recovery 2.5.01 Downloaded direct from miui-us still no good. Not sure of the bug mag? My d1 is stable on other Roms ... one last thing why have superuser configured the way you do? Just creates more confusion.. thanks

Last edited:

mjh68

Reaction score
I too concur with fail to authorize with gtalk and flaky market ... just doesn't work in downloading phase
Yes wiped and flashed different time. Tried with Rom Mgr.. also directly in recovery 2.5.01 Downloaded direct from miui-us still no good. Not sure of the bug mag? My d1 is stable on other Roms ... one last thing why have superuser configured the way you do? Just creates more confusion.. thanks

Pretty sure Miui changed the superuser app, but Mag will have to answer that. I flashed with rzr recovery without any issues. The last 2 weeks have been running very well on my droid and thanks everyone for helping with the issues i have had.

waco

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to send video sms. I'm on my second Droid with miui and I have been able to receive video sms on both but unable to send on either.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i updated to the latest 1.9.9 but i get a google talk authentication error for my email addressand another thing is that my market does not seem to download any appsit will let me click accept&download but after that nothing happens, waited for like 10 mins still doesn't work...
For the google talk, have you tried setting superuser to allow root access? As for market not downloading anything, have you tried to running Downloads app and cycle download with wlan only?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I too concur with fail to authorize with gtalk and flaky market ... just doesn't work in downloading phase Yes wiped and flashed different time. Tried with Rom Mgr.. also directly in recovery 2.5.01 Downloaded direct from miui-us still no good. Not sure of the bug mag? My d1 is stable on other Roms ... one last thing why have superuser configured the way you do? Just creates more confusion.. thanks
Miui changed the behavior of SuperUser this week, I didn't change anything. I could get the rom to autoset the option, but it would be a bit cumbersome to get it to work when wiping data and not. It is a lot easier to tell everyone to just run an app and change a setting.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to send video sms. I'm on my second Droid with miui and I have been able to receive video sms on both but unable to send on either.
The video MMS issue was fixed a few weeks ago. I tested it then and verified it worked, but haven't re-tested since. The original issue before was receiving video sms which you say works, so what happens when you try to send one?

waco

Reaction score
The video MMS issue was fixed a few weeks ago. I tested it then and verified it worked, but haven't re-tested since. The original issue before was receiving video sms which you say works, so what happens when you try to send one?

It will play for 2 seconds then a message pops up saying this video can't be played. I get the same message if I try to make a video at SMS quality. It seems to record but I get the message when I try to playback

chewy74

Reaction score
You actually have to set superuser to allow access before launching any apps requiring root access or the pop up won't even appear for you to allow access.

Miui changed the behavior of SuperUser this week, I didn't change anything. I could get the rom to autoset the option, but it would be a bit cumbersome to get it to work when wiping data and not. It is a lot easier to tell everyone to just run an app and change a setting.

groovydeus

Reaction score
Well this is the forth week in a row that MIUI has been rock solid for me. Updated CWMR last week and the OTA update went fine. Still running petes 1.1g lv, interactive and heap @ 24m. Smooth, snappy and nearly issue free. Only thing still bugs me is the WIFI...works, but something still not right. Drops or hiccups or idunno.

chewy74

Reaction score
Have you tried setting a static IP like I suggested in the 1.9.2 thread?

I haven't had a single wifi drop since

Well this is the forth week in a row that MIUI has been rock solid for me. Updated CWMR last week and the OTA update went fine. Still running petes 1.1g lv, interactive and heap @ 24m. Smooth, snappy and nearly issue free. Only thing still bugs me is the WIFI...works, but something still not right. Drops or hiccups or idunno.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
If anyone is using RZR, report if you had any issues flashing this release.

Wipe everything three times, stuck on M symbol, wiped another three and reinstall 1.9.9 and waited for long repetitive boot animation and worked!

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.1
[ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
Tapatalk

groovydeus

Reaction score
Have you tried setting a static IP like I suggested in the 1.9.2 thread?

I haven't had a single wifi drop since

lol...I just figured it out. I had the wrong Gateway set...

Deus

Last edited:

morethansamson

Reaction score
I have not been able to download a single update or app from the Android Market since 1.7.29, tried every single suggestion found on the web with no luck (delete cache, delete update, gtalk account, re-flashing, blah blah blah). What made matters worse, was even after reverting back to a nandroid backup when the market was working, I still was unable to download updates or new apps.

BUT, from some miracle worked into 1.9.9 build, I can now download updates and apps from the market again. Does it have something to do with the Google account setup wizard at start-up??? I don't know, nor do I care, I'm just happy to have market back and the newest MIUI.

Love this ROM.