[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.9 [DEV]

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Using RZR with no issues. Other than the super user not set to allow apps ask for super user permission like chewy mentioned. I do have a question:

Does the cron option work with this build? Can't find it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Daballa

Reaction score
For some reason I cant use any volume toggle widgets. Its become near impossible to get to vibrate only. Anyone else using volume Widgets having this issue? I use "volume control +". I also tried the toggles that come with "Beautiful Widgets with no succes.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Using RZR with no issues. Other than the super user not set to allow apps ask for super user permission like chewy mentioned. I do have a question:Does the cron option work with this build? Can't find it. Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
That is weird, cron was not changed in any way from previous builds. But did notice the default cron config file assumes swap options are enabled. Shouldn't cause any issues, but fixed now. When you flashed, it did install the included apps to /data/app ? If it did that, have no idea why it wouldn't copy the /data/cron folder.

zachdroid

Reaction score
If anyone is using RZR, report if you had any issues flashing this release.

I had several issues with it. I didn't do the full wipe. I tried flashing several time, unsuccessfully, just hung at deleting duplicate data apps. Got super hot and drained the battery quick. Sat for like 30 minutes hung up on that step. Regrettably flashed CWM and it worked, now I'm back on RZR until the next release for all other flashing purposes.

I'm not sure if it would work when doing a full wipe I was just trying to update.

KJW979

Reaction score
I'm thinking that this ROM is becoming too much for my droid, updated to new build, just flashed over previous build thru the built in updater. Last 2 builds I've had alot of fc's and just seems to run slow, not really lag just slow, also noticed free RAM under running services ranges from 14 to none free. Wiped dalvick, only have 2 widgets those being clockr and pslmary weather application. Tried v8 script with different settings to no avail. Currently stock kernel. Don't want to but might do a full wipe and re-install to see if picks up some speed.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I had several issues with it. I didn't do the full wipe. I tried flashing several time, unsuccessfully, just hung at deleting duplicate data apps. Got super hot and drained the battery quick. Sat for like 30 minutes hung up on that step.
You flashed manually correct? You didn't use OTA / Rom Manager to update / flash the zip for you? Just trying to sort how why it didn't work for you.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
That is weird, cron was not changed in any way from previous builds. But did notice the default cron config file assumes swap options are enabled. Shouldn't cause any issues, but fixed now. When you flashed, it did install the included apps to /data/app ? If it did that, have no idea why it wouldn't copy the /data/cron folder.

Yes, some of the apps were in data/app, didn't see news & weather or the car home app in there but it did come with it.

I didn't get terminal emulator. Was this supposed to be included? I thought it usually was, but I just downloaded off the market.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, some of the apps were in data/app, didn't see news & weather or the car home app in there but it did come with it. I didn't get terminal emulator. Was this supposed to be included? I thought it usually was, but I just downloaded off the market. Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Car Home and News / Weather widget go to /system. Terminal app is included, but it was moved to /data this week. So it seems that somehow when you flashed, it didn't copy any of the data stuff over correctly. In previous releases, did flashing give you all of the gapps that are listed as being included in the OP?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Car Home and News / Weather widget go to /system. Terminal app is included, but it was moved to /data this week. So it seems that somehow when you flashed, it didn't copy any of the data stuff over correctly. In previous releases, did flashing give you all of the gapps that are listed as being included in the OP?

Yes it did. First time this has happened

zachdroid

Reaction score
You flashed manually correct? You didn't use OTA / Rom Manager to update / flash the zip for you? Just trying to sort how why it didn't work for you.

I flashed cwm to get it to go because I was at work and wanted to get it going. Going to try fresh install tonight via rzr. I'll report back

zachdroid

Reaction score
Flashed fresh (wiped everything 4 times) first boot, no signal, rebooted recovery wiped cache and dalvik booted up again still nothing. Ideas?

nahnunmike

Reaction score
i updated to the latest 1.9.9 but i get a google talk authentication error for my email address
and another thing is that my market does not seem to download any apps
it will let me click accept&download but after that nothing happens, waited for like 10 mins still doesn't work...

*i have used previous updates since 1.7.15 and never had problems like these

plus i get some random lag spikes in opening apps
i used the v6 supercharger in the beginning, has improved performance... but sadly to say as weeks go by the phone still gets slower and slower =(

Last edited: