[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.26.0 [DEV]

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Mags The mount and insmod script tweak is awesome, was that in this build and I just missed it? If you would, on next release could you add ext4 to the auto module loading, that would be amazing! danceswithbongs
Yes, the changes to load the ext2 and ext3 modules at boot was in this weeks build. I have made the change so next week will include ext4 module to be loaded as well. Ask and you shall receive. :)

cu_shane

Reaction score
The build will automatically mount the ext2 / ext3 partition on your sdcard. The scrip a2sd needs to be run once to create the necessary links so that the os knows apps that are on the sdcard are there. It will also setup so that future apps will be installed on sdcard as opposed to the phone memory. As far as making sure the modules are loaded per DWB, I have modified the mounting scripts from CM7 so that they are automatically loaded, no need to worry with that. (Already on top of things DWB).Since it is showing up as space in your about phone, the partition is there and mounted correctly. The only weird thing is that you can't run the script a2sd. I think I know what went wrong with the previous command I told you to run. You need to 'su' to get root. Then run 'sysrw' to set the system partition as writable. Then run 'ln -s /system/xbin/bash /system/bin/bash' Then you can set system back to read only (so nothing bad happens to it) with 'sysro' Then try running a2sd.

That worked!! Thanks :)

Ozzie

Reaction score
I've gotta say this is a first for me...my phone actually likes Miui better than CM!
I never thought that would happen...keep up the great work guys!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Ozzie
Is this your first GB version of MIUI?
I know for me, I started having problems with the froyo builds but the GB builds have been fantastic.
Mags has been treating us pretty damn good if I do say so my damn self.
Thanks Mags for adding ext4 for next build, so inconsiderate!
:eek: LOL

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Ozzie

Reaction score
I actually go way back to the early days of this rom when M1 was working on it. It had nowhere near the usability it has now.
This rom has made huge strides and I'm glad to see the competition with CM...it keeps things interesting.

Much thanks for all you do for us Magic...it's so much appreciated.

On edit...it would be poor form to thank only Mags...bama has done a lot too...and lots more I'm sure I don't know about.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

Mohawk3

Reaction score
My phone does this as well, but without actually highlighting the toggle, airplane mode will kick on for no reason. I have to reboot to get data back because nothing else I try gets it back.

My phone went into airplane mode again tonight without me being able to get out of it until I rebooted. I just changed the kernel to one of the CorCor V3 kernels. Hopefully the kernel change will help prevent my phone from switching into airplane mode without me putting it there.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I just changed to corcor's 1050 from stock...it's more snappy, but also feels like it need some time to settle in.
I'm finding this more and more these days. It takes a couple days use to get things working.

I do have a request if possible...I like the mtm blackout keyoard. It installs just fine, but the setting to select it doesn't survive the boot.
Any way to get this to stick?

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
have you guys tried deprimed kernels? customize it to go to whatever speed and voltage and tailor it to your phone.

i switch between chevy uLV, medV & deprimed

cowsquad

Reaction score
have you guys tried deprimed kernels? customize it to go to whatever speed and voltage and tailor it to your phone.

i switch between chevy uLV, medV & deprimed

Idk why but I haven't had issues with miui.us 8.29 except the airplane mode turning on itself. I'm running stock kernel. I see you guys having issues. I guess stop flashing kernell. Back and forth, that will eventually damage ur phone :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Idk why but I haven't had issues with miui.us 8.29 except the airplane mode turning on itself. I'm running stock kernel. I see you guys having issues. I guess stop flashing kernell. Back and forth, that will eventually damage ur phone :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I typically stay with the stock kernel and the one I flashed to is only a 900MHz kernel. I don't really like my phone going any faster than that. I don't like to change the ROM too much from what the dev initially put together.

I haven't really had any major problems with this build besides the airplane mode issue. I did have some issues with the stock browser pausing/locking up for a short period of time, but I have since started using boat mini browser and raised my minimum voltage up to 250MHz and that has helped with browser performance.

I think my phone is getting a little long in the tooth. The USB port has basically stopped working on it (I rotate batteries that I charge on an external charger). I even had the USB port fixed once through my insurance and it died again after three weeks of working and I rarely drop my phone. I'm hoping that my phone will still be working by the time the Nexus Prime comes to Big Red so I can choose between it, the HTC Vigor, and the Bionic.