[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.26.0 [DEV]

cu_shane

Reaction score
Yes, I am definately running the latest version and this happened with 1.8.19 as well . I will look for the file in /system/bin and see if its there.

p.s. The file is there, interesting though.. at the top of terminal emulator when it first starts up this is what it says $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

so does this mean its pointing to the wrong location hence it can't find the file ?

I am using clean, wiped version 1.8.26.

ditto for me.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
The browser tends to lag for me as well. It even lags when the force close window pops up when I try to press wait and nothing happens. I may try to download a browser from the market and see if that helps.

Ozzie

Reaction score
As far as swap was concerned, I tried Trey's mod which ditched compcache and went with swap as a default and my D1 slowed to a crawl. I am sure there are a ton of factors at play...I may try running miui.us with/without swap and comparing performance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I've fiddled a bit...mine doesn't like file and compcache together, I reset it to nothing and then back again with only compcache and now it's running much better. Almost trouble free, not quite, but...
Staying with the stock kernel too, and no supercharge. Also surprised the stock kernel drops to 125...even more surprised that my phone doesn't seem to mind it.
It does feel like it has different bones...I'm trying to dial in what's here because my battery life has jumped a lot and I'm trying to not mess it up with extra stuff.

groovydeus

Reaction score
Getting back to the stock browser issue lagging and force closing, actually I notice it after a bit with Miren as well. Browser force closes or hangs until I get the inactivity pop-up. Could it be the supercharger settings? I never had problems browsing the internet until the build switched to the new browser . Anyone have any suggestions ?
I was having the same issues - sometimes the browser would fly (rarely) but most often it would get 'stuck' at 10% or so of the page loaded and hang - occasionally it would continue to load after a long delay but typically I would just quit. I loaded Dolphin browser and do not see the same issues. mj, can you try another browser from the market and see if this resolves the issue?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I use Dolphin Mini and it's still the champ of the lot, IMO.
I do have to say that more evidence supporting the every droid is different is that I am the total opposite regarding what makes my OG purr. I don't really play games on the phone, but I am on the interwebs a lot and for decent stretches.
I have for a while been going no compcache period, and I used to be addicted to compcache. Swap partition with swapper2 set to swappiness of 80 and sometimes drop to 60.
And this is where I am out in left field, VM Heap 60.
I have had many a post explain why my set up was bad, but none on why it made my OG run so damn smooth. I have no explanation for it, but I know what my Droid tells me. I was in a little film you may have all seen, The Droid Whisperer. Yep, that was me, and to tell the truth, it really is an honor just to be nominated.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

cu_shane

Reaction score
I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to linux/scripts/a2sd, etc.

Since running a2sd from Terminal Emulator returns "not found", I decided to see what would happen if I tried to run it from Script Manager. Here is the result:

exec sh '/system/bin/a2sd'
#exec sh '/system/bin/a2sd'
cp: can't stat '/data/dta2sd.lg1': No such file or directory
cp: can't stat '/data/dta2sd.log': No such file or directory
[ ] Apps2SD is launching...
/system/bin/a2sd: /system/bin/bash: not found

I have little idea what any of that means, but maybe it can help one of you figure out why I some of us can't run a2sd?

Last edited:

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I have another ROM PE running and wante dto know what link should I use to install MIUI? Thanks

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
As far as swap was concerned, I tried Trey's mod which ditched compcache and went with swap as a default and my D1 slowed to a crawl. I am sure there are a ton of factors at play...I may try running miui.us with/without swap and comparing performance.Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
I am not sure what Trey's mod does (haven't seen it myself), but I would not recommend mixing mods made for his builds and mine. He probably uses different file names for his swap file and sets different markers to detect what swap options to use. Since I have included the swap option in 1.8.26, that should be the only one you need. If you would like it to do something else, please ask and I will see what I can do.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Installed the new update from the updater....now it states that my phone is no longer rooted, and but I still have super user in my phone. How can I get it to recognize the root again???? Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
What says it isn't rooted?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I am definately running the latest version and this happened with 1.8.19 as well . I will look for the file in /system/bin and see if its there.p.s. The file is there, interesting though.. at the top of terminal emulator when it first starts up this is what it says $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH so does this mean its pointing to the wrong location hence it can't find the file ?I am using clean, wiped version 1.8.26.
That path is fine, it is what is set be default. The $PATH variable has /system/bin/You could try running fix permissions. Either use rom manager or run "fix_permissions" from the terminal as rootBTW, when you run the a2sd command, did you run su to get root access first?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For some reason I'm unable to move apps to the sd card, keeps telling me there isn't enough space. I have over 2 gigs free, anybody got any ideas?Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
This happens sometimes when apps have been restored from miui backup. Just uninstall the app and reinstall from market. You will be able to move to sdcard then.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For those of you having trouble with getting a2sd command not found, first, make sure you are root when running the command (su to get root). If that does not fix the problem, then try typing this (as root) "ln -s /system/xbin/bash /system/bin/bash" After you do that, try running a2sd again. This link should be created on install, but maybe something happened and it got skipped?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
+1 on the Dolphin Mini browser. I don't believe that MIUI has included the newer browser with their Milestone builds by default (have to double check that), but since several people were asking for it, I included it from another build (Defy or Incredible, not sure which). I personally don't like it, but I never used stock anyway, so it made no difference to me which I included. Actually, I did not update the Browser apk from 8.19 to 8.26 (forgot to because I don't use the older one in Milestone releases). So any issue in 8.19 will exist in 8.26. I will make sure to update the browser in next weeks build. If a majority of you would like me to go back to the older browser, I can do that too. I use dolphin mini solely, so I don't really care which one gets included in the build.