[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.12.0 [DEV]

nu2droid

Reaction score
I must say, since re-flashing this on top of .15 without wiping, this is ending up to be a sweet build. Moved some larger apps to the sd card, jumped up to chevys med volt 1.2 and this puppy flies.

Thanks for all the work to make this happen.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can not get any of my alarms to have a silent ringtone. I under ringtone I select "none", but it still plays the previously selected ringtone when the alarm goes off. I had this issue in last weeks release as well. I typically only update every other week, but I decided to do this week cause I was hoping this issue would be resolved.If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
I have noticed this issue. I haven't tried this yet, been out of town and no time to play, but I think you could create a blank file under sdcard/media/alarms and call it nosound.ogg and set that as the sound file. I am not sure why the silence option was changed to none, but it has caused issues w/ theme manager setting that as an option. Maybe fixed this week?

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am having issues moving my apps to my SD card. When I try to move them I get the failed to move app. I have more than 7GB free on my SD card.
Try uninstalling the apps that won't move and reinstalling from market. They should move fine then. This can happen when backing up / restoring apps with MIUI Backup that were originally moved to sdcard. This may be less of an issue with future updates not requiring wiping /data :)

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is the auto close folder really working. Mine isn't working at all. What could I possibly done wrong?Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
It was fixed, but not in the original 1.8.12 release. MIUI.us released a hotfix that included this and the ota ability. It should be included in next weeks build. I will be testing ota this week and include it in next weeks build. Something to look forward to ;)

jonesy16

Reaction score
Just noticed a new bug. When you click on the button to change the time that an alarm is set for, it automatically sets it for PM. So, for example, if you have an alarm set for 7:30 AM and you want to change it to 7:45 AM, you'd think you'd just click on the time, adjust the minutes, and click OK. Well if you do this, you may not notice that the Alarm app has now set it for 7:45 PM. Luckily I woke up anyway, but at least on my phone it's repeatable with every alarm I set.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Just noticed a new bug. When you click on the button to change the time that an alarm is set for, it automatically sets it for PM. So, for example, if you have an alarm set for 7:30 AM and you want to change it to 7:45 AM, you'd think you'd just click on the time, adjust the minutes, and click OK. Well if you do this, you may not notice that the Alarm app has now set it for 7:45 PM. Luckily I woke up anyway, but at least on my phone it's repeatable with every alarm I set.

That's not a bug man you have to set the wheel to PM or AM as well, mine works okay, as long as I set the alarm correctly

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jonesy16

Reaction score
That's not a bug man you have to set the wheel to PM or AM as well, mine works okay, as long as I set the alarm correctly

When you bring up the time dialog, it shows you your current settings, so one would assume that it wouldn't spontaneously change the AM/PM setting on you. But yes, you're correct, you can "fix" it by making sure the AM/PM setting is correct before finishing.

chewy74

Reaction score
nandroid it and nurture it like it was your newborn,

my baby is build 1.7.15 but even that pukes on me once in a while

Btw magiman, this is build has been awesome for me :)