[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.15.0 [DEV]

Reaction score
Just a question. What is the difference on having apps on system or data? Why some apps are stored into system and others on data :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The D1 has 2 partitions that have different sizes of memory allotted to them and they cannot be easily re-sized. So you will want to take advantage of both sections to use all of the available space on the D1.

The main difference is that the system partition is not writable and the data one is. So you keep all of your system apps in system because they are not upgraded or replaced. Data apps are where you install everything from the market because they need to be able to be re-written for updates.

That is why I moved some of the google apps from system to data, so that they can be updated via the market w/o having multiple apps or having to go through a longer process.

Oh, btw, new release is uploading now :)

Great info Magiman, thanks for the clarification. Well, I'm on about it again. This 1.7.15.0 build has eclipsed the 1.7.8.0 build as the nandroid to which I'll return until another build eclipses it!

I don't know, I think from a production stand point I'm just blessed with a great OG. This build has been another in a long line of the best yet. I've been on quite a long run of great running Miui builds. I'm looking forward to trying 1.7.22.0.

Thanks again Magiman for your stellar work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pdc419

Reaction score
Is there a purge assests options in the settings? I love miui but the memory is a deal breaker for me

moset

Reaction score
I have finally taken the plunge into the world of MIUI. I did try it long ago in the days of Froyo but I've been a serial flasher for some time now and most of that time had been on CM7 nightlies .
Well, I'm totally imposed with this build. I'm still trying to get used to the strange interface but things just seem to work, and quite well. Data loss has been a problem with every GB,.and while it had improved greatly across the board out had been better with this build than any GB so far. The only loss I've had is when returning from a no signal area. I have to turn off data then back on. With other ROMS that hasn't worked reliably.
Also, high heat had plagued my droid even running at 800 or less. So far the stock kernel has been snappy and cool. I'm not sure about battery life yet but I dint think it will be much different.
I may have found a ROM to stick with.
Thanks

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
This seemed to be the most stable for me. I just re-flashed but have a little issue. What do you do about black wallpapers? No matter what I do I can't get a wallpaper to stick. I even went back to the default theme. I don't remember the fix