[ROM] [ROM] MIUI 1.7.1 Beta (2.3.4) Unofficial (Update 2: Front Camera Fix)

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
--All credit goes to Grouper at XDA--

Original Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1161546

I managed to hack together this English and Chinese MIUI ROM from the Inc S ROM and CM7.1. Italian and French language packs available over here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=miui

Thanks to Google, MIUI devs, MIUI US devs, MIUI Incredible S devs (here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=miui), and CM7 devs. Source available from CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread and MIUI.us UNITED WORLDWIDE - News and MIUI Official Site

This is by NO MEANS official and I take NO credit for any of this, all I've done it copy files into the Inc S MIUI zip from CM7 and modify a couple of files with a diff utility.

Bugs:
Speaker volume sometimes too quiet
Call recording feature doesn't work right.

This will NOT format your device, you must manually wipe data/cache before installing. If you are updating from the initial release or Update 1 you do NOT need to wipe.

READ THIS NOW: You must manually wipe /system in ClockworkMod Recovery before flashing this ROM! This will be fixed in the next update.

Download: Full Update 2 (MIUI 1.7.1 Beta, Android 2.3.4)

Google Talk with video chat built in!

Changelog:

Update 1-
Fixed WiFi
Updated APNs (MMS should work)
Updated GPS Assistance Server
Misc.
Update 2-
Fixed front-facing camera recording

Last edited:

Castro

Reaction score
Newest version available in Rom Manager now...this Roms just brings a whole new experience to the table...soooo many customization options, from lockscreen to icons, just amazing and fun!!

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Newest version available in Rom Manager now...this Roms just brings a whole new experience to the table...soooo many customization options, from lockscreen to icons, just amazing and fun!!

I've not tried it out yet but I plan on giving it a shot soon. I'm currently running CM7 and I'm pretty impressed with it so far

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I am running version 1.7.8 and like it so far. I wish they had a better calendar widget for it though... I miss my HTC calendar widget

Castro

Reaction score
Did you see how superior the theme manager is from anything else?

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Yea I did I love it. I have installed Launcher Pro Sense over top of the miui and have all the sense features I was wanting and everything is still themed so its pretty awesome! I'm happy with it for sure

Card

Reaction score
I loved MIUI on my D1, and I'm pretty excited to see how this comes along. On my D1, it felt very responsive and zippy, but on the DInc2, I can only imagine!

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I would recommend the official miui release. Its pretty sick i'm running it now

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Sense isn't a part of this custom rom. About the closest thing you can get is launcher pro sense. Google it and you'll find plenty of apk downloads. You will have to use an app like super manager or file explorer to install it

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

mkglitzman

Reaction score
I noticed that there is a problem with the headphones in this rom. Whenever I plug in a headset, it always only plays out of the left ear, and not both. Am I the only person with this issue, otherwise, love the rom.

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I noticed that there is a problem with the headphones in this rom. Whenever I plug in a headset, it always only plays out of the left ear, and not both. Am I the only person with this issue, otherwise, love the rom.

Try flashing the newest miui rom and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't I would say its a hardware issue based on your information

Last edited:

mkglitzman

Reaction score
It's not a hardware problem. I flashed back to cm7 and I was able to hear audio from both sides whenever I plugged headphones. I tried redownloading miui 1.7.8 and flashing again, and that brought back the audio issues.
So the audio problem exists in miui, but not cyanogen.

OP
SHAKE_JONES

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I just checked XDA and the dev is aware of the problem and will be posting an update soon. I will update the OP when its released or you can check the link in the OP periodically