[ROM] MIUI 1.6.17 (fascinatemtd) TEST#2 [6-18-2011]

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Soon to be best ROM EVER....ALL CREDIT FOR THIS THREAD GOES TO andmer over at XDA and Samsung Fascinate PLEASE GO THANK THIS MAN!

icon1.gif
[ROM] MIUI 1.6.17 (fascinatemtd) TEST#2 [6-18-2011]

This is built from JT's CM7 and MIUI.US base

THANK YOU JT, without whom none of this is possible.
THANK YOU #miui-us, for guidance,hosting and a base to start from.
THANK YOU Nitsuj/TSM for encouraging me into playing with this idea.

Working:
  • Calls!!
    [*]Bluetooth!!
    [*]3G / Data
    [*]WiFi
    [*]SMS
    [*]Camera/Camcorder
    [*]USB mass storage / sdcard
Not Working:
  • Sensors/GPS/MMS
  • Calls/SMS during deep sleep are not waking up the device to ring.
    This app will prevent your device from deep sleep which is of course a batter drain, but you will receive calls. If its worth it or not is up to you.

https://market.android.com/details?id=otis8.softlocker
Download Here

Change Log

Custom Lockscreen Guide

Mitch0115

Reaction score
Installed this rom ..Its like a Rocket too bad my sms downloads didnt work , nor did my wi fi kept saying error ...too bad I really liked it .I had to flash back to gingerbread 3.3 a lot slower ( at least in bench tests ) But alot more stablle ,, : (

aardvark502

Reaction score
Coming from cm7 7/25 build I wipe data cache and dalvik right? Also any bugs I should expect?

Tapped that Cm7 style

Mitch0115

Reaction score
can u post a link to the download site cant see to find the latest build ? Thanks

Mitch0115

Reaction score
I just installed the lastest MIUI rom . Everything is working perfect except when I run my gps thru my bluetooth in the car you can barely hear it ,.I use internet radio all the time and when I use the gps that will be a huge problem That was an issue with fascinate 2.1 and was fixed in froyo ., is there a fix or an update addressing that issue ?? Thanks

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
What known bugs are there at this point? I want this rom as soon as it a stable and fully working rom.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mitch0115

Reaction score
I have been using this for about 2 weeks now , It works perfect except when I use the Google navigation thru the bluetooth built into my car.,U really cant hear it Thats itBut it is anoying me to be honest ...The last build had a lot of bugs but they all seem to be fixed. Oh yeh there is one more thing , I cant find a way to overclock , Before I put this on my phone my quadrant score was alot higher ,..I used one click lag fix along with tegra overclock ultimate ,, The quadrant score is stiill very high but higher with the lag fix and overlclock ...hope this was helpful..This is where you can get the latest build [http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?1469-ROM-Samsung-FascinateMTD-1.7.29&

Last edited:

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot, I am currently running com rom 2.0 with 2.1 patch. Do you have any experience with that? If so how would you compare the two?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mitch0115

Reaction score
Yes I do I used it previously ...all the bugs seemed to be worked out and I am loving it ,