[ROM] [ROM] [MikRoms] Ineffabilis v1.0 [12/31/11] Sense 3.5 | Beats | Tweaks | 1.02.605.6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a white line across the top of the screen above the notification bar? Only on the home screen, doesn't so it while browsing or doing anything else just the home screen.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a white line across the top of the screen above the notification bar? Only on the home screen, doesn't so it while browsing or doing anything else just the home screen.
That's the MIUI Style battery meter - pretty sure it can be turned off somewhere (wild guess) Mik Settings :)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the MIUI Style battery meter - pretty sure it can be turned off somewhere (wild guess) Mik Settings :)

+1 you are correct, battery settings in the Mik Settings app.

montu

Reaction score
i can not find it messing some step

i unlock my phone and copy the file in sd card i rename (1.02.605.6-RootedKernel)PH98IMG to PH98IMG.zip and copy Ineffabilis-v1.0-signed to the sd card on root do i have to put all the file in ph98img.zip.
it open and run ph98img.zip but then it just restart. what i am doing wrong i know i am messing some step .
if i am not wrong adb is where you hold the vol and power .

thank you

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
i unlock my phone and copy the file in sd card i rename (1.02.605.6-RootedKernel)PH98IMG to PH98IMG.zip and copy Ineffabilis-v1.0-signed to the sd card on root do i have to put all the file in ph98img.zip.
it open and run ph98img.zip but then it just restart. what i am doing wrong i know i am messing some step .

thank you
I would love to help you out but your post is confusing - can you clarify it a little bit ?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

thank you

The ROM file is flashed is recovery, make sure you installed the custom recovery first.

montu

Reaction score
it run the PH98IMG.zip file and then it tell me that update is done(in 15 sec) and tell me to reboot then nothing happen how do i flash the other file .
they are both in root in sd

what is custom recovery and how do i do this ?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it run the PH98IMG.zip file and then it tell me that update is done(in 15 sec) and tell me to reboot then nothing happen how do i flash the other file .
they are both in root in sd

after you flash the PH file you need to take it off the card, otherwise each time you go into bootloader it will flash it.

browse around the dev section and specifically the stickies and there are threads there explaining how to do most if this including flashing the custom recovery

S7rawman

Reaction score

Custom recovery is a means of backing up if old Rom at its current state so that includes all ur apps etc etc. Then you use it to flash your New Rom.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But u renamed things wrong. Ph......zip is actually ur recovery file. U flash that through fastboot and then u open recovery and flash ineffabills Rom. I didn't rename anything when I flashed bamfs Rom and had no problems.

Post a link to where you got your instructions.

Lastly. Read read read. Understand read again. Then start flashing this is no light undertaking it can be. The difference between hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:

gregf

Reaction score
Why is it necessary for the installer to wipe the internal SD memory? Titanium backup, as well as lots of other apps, like to save rom-independent data there. Would it be possible to modify this functionality in the future?

Thanks.

BTW, great rom! :)

S7rawman

Reaction score
It can be done without it. The flash will then just overwrite the files instead. It makes things far mreo hassle free to empty the internal memory. Think of it this way. The dev writes his rom and doesn't want to use the beats audio instead designs their own sound ehancment software with far more options. You don't wipe ur internal memory and so beats audio is still there. And its not even overwritten. This could bring up a whole slew of problems, from same variables, functions calls reaching for a function that has the same name as a function in beats audio etc etc. And then crash goes the sound enhancment and anything tied to it.

Edit: I didn't mean to offend. I should have worded that last bit differently I now realize.

Last edited:

gregf

Reaction score
It can be done without it. The flash will then just overwrite the files instead. It makes things far mreo hassle free to empty the internal memory. Think of it this way. The dev writes his rom and doesn't want to use the beats audio instead designs their own sound ehancment software with far more options. You don't wipe ur internal memory and so beats audio is still there. And its not even overwritten. This could bring up a whole slew of problems, from same variables, functions calls reaching for a function that has the same name as a function in beats audio etc etc. And then crash goes the sound enhancment and anything tied to it.

The moral of the story: when the dev does something trust them. Or asks u to do.something to.protect ur phone do it.

K, let's try this again. I was talking specifically about the internal SD memory (/sdcard). I understand that wiping system is required, and wiping data, cache, .android_secure, etc. is recommended. No questions there.

However, the internal SD memory is functionally identical to the external SD card. You don't ever want something to automatically wipe your external SD memory. That's where you keep your backups, movies, and music! Likewise, it should not wipe the internal SD memory because there might be important data there. That's where my titanium backups were. I needed those.

Your moral of the story is silly and unhelpful. Why would you dismiss a valid question with "do as you are told. they know better than you do."? Frankly it is offensive. Maybe not everyone on this forum is completely clueless.

Anyway, I assume that the script repartitions the entire internal flash memory and in doing so takes out /sdcard as well. That would be understandable but undesirable. Hopefully the next version will only format /system and leave everything else alone. Otherwise a minor update to v1.01 means losing everything again and having to start over. The user should really have the option to clear the other stuff. And again /sdcard should be left alone in any case. Devs?

pickaxe300

Reaction score
Yes, it WILL clear your internal card, so make sure you have it backed up before flashing.... Just copy all the contents to your computer for safe keeping.
I learned this the hard way....