Rom Memory low in CM7. Free up?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by dbmorris, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dbmorris

dbmorris New Member

I am running CM 7.0.0-RC2 on a Droid (1). When I run Titanium BU Pro the memory stats across the bottom shows: System ROM 147 MB (5.12 MB Free). Basically there is very little left. The only reason I even think to ask is the way the phone is operating, FC's, battery pulls often, very slow/laggy etc. Just feels like it has no memory to work with. Is there a way to free more memory? I cleared cache but no help there as that was internal memory I think and I have about half of that left, just shy of that anyways.

Danny
  2. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

it might not be what you want to hear but your best bet would be to wipe everything and start over on the newest nightly. or at least the most recent stable or release candidate. there have been a lot of new features/fixes added since 7.0.0-rc2 and that alone should help you.

or you could try a program like cache mate. then go into recovery wipe cache and then dalvik-cache. uninstalling some unecessary apps wouldn't hurt either.
  3. rrrrrrredbelly

rrrrrrredbelly New Member

have you deleted/un-installed apps you dont use? one of the first things i do after installing a new rom is delete apk's in /system/app using root explorer. obviously, make sure you know what you're deleting, do a nandroid backup beforehand, etc. things like car-home, live wallpapers, other things that i dont use, that will free up some space.
  4. chmcclellan

chmcclellan New Member

I would suggest checking out the Ultimate Apps2sd Thread!Using link2sd and a partition on my SD card I am able to keep essentially as many apps as I want on the OG. Don't forget to grab prime's link2sd script which allows the use of the ext4 driver.

As has been suggested, deleting unneccssary apps helps. Check out the Barebones page on Cyanogenmod Wiki for info on what is necessary and what is not. To be safe I use TiBU to make a backup before uninstalling (TiBU also allows you to uninstal system apps easily).
Search tags for this page
android free rom space
clear cm7 system rom
cyanogenmod free up memory
how to clean system rom memory
how to clear ram on cm7
how to free system rom
how to free up space in system rom
how to free up space on cyanogenmod touchpad
how to free up space on system rom android

how to free up system rom android

how to free up system rom on android