Rom Manager

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by alitke, Jun 13, 2010.

1. alitke

alitke New Member

I have been looking at Chevy as Bugless is currently not right for me. Battery life mainly is not so hot compared to his other work.

Will this be on Rom Manager anytime soon or no. I have not done any updating without Rom Manager since my G1 when it first came out. So really do not remember that well and do not want to screw it up.

Thanks. I am running ClockWork with bugless and perhaps that is why it says Chevy is not available when I click on it in Rom Manager but whatever just wondering.
  2. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

He is working on it, but I keep getting an error trying to load his downloads.
  3. alitke

alitke New Member

So in terms of using nandroid to install as rom manager is not working what do I need to do. I am asking in terms of when you open the link to his themed rom at the bottom area of the post you have like 4 links. What do I need to do with each after going switching from clockwork backup?
  4. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

After flashing sprecovery , download the simply stunning 4.0 zip and unzip it . Take the simply stunning 4.0 file that was inside and place it in the nandroid folder on your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, wipe data and reset, wipe cache and then select backup/restore. Select Restore , choose backup .. simply stunning 4.0 then let it install and finally reboot . Obviously make a backup of your current rom prior to all of the above. :)

As far as the other files, the apk's just place on the root of your sdcard and install with astro file manager or any app installer . The zip files can be installed from recovery directly with clockwork .