ROM Manager

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by hbah427, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbah427

hbah427 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Who put SmokedGlass on ROM Manager? I think it's the same person who put UltimateDroid on again...
    We gotta find this person.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. fUry327

fUry327 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was Koush himself that put UD 9.8 up there without BD's permission. Wouldn't surprise me if he did the same here.

MOD EDIT : Statement deleted, poor form!

#2 fUry327, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  3. Droidee

Droidee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi droiders. I would like to ask a very noob question. I have been updating and changing roms to find the one I like for a while now and am coming close to running out of disc space. Any way I can keep my current rom and apps and delete everything else?:unsure:

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Just a reminder to everyone please be careful what you are saying during these times. We have a 30 day ban policy that went into effect last night to control flaming in the hacking area sub forums. I don't see anything here that would call for that but I can see when I fire starts to get lit so just be careful I don't want to have to ban somebody over something someone else says.

5. mrdroid

mrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a pretty hateful statement considering Koush has probably done more for the Android community for free than any other single developer. It would be a courtesy to ask to put someone's ROM on ROM Manager but as others have said... hacking the stock ROM and releasing a rebuilt version is incredibly unethical in itself so how does hosting said ROM for someone else stack up? Why aren't other dev's happy to see their ROM get more exposure?

I'm not sure where all this hate for Koush and ROM Manager came from but it's pretty ridiculous.

#5 mrdroid, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
  6. Droidnotberry

Droidnotberry New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted and installed ROM manager a couple weeks ago based on the recommendations in the UD thread. Not being very experienced in phone hacking in general, this was the way that made it easy for me to do, otherwise I was waiting on 2.1 from Verizon. I didn't realize any of this stuff had transpired about ROM manager and just yesterday got an update notice that 9.8 was out on ROM manager. I was driving at the time and just dowloaded it (I didn't wipe or clear anything). My phone is running great, haven't had a single FC since I did it. (I actually forgot to turn off the SET CPU on boot also) and it still came out ok. I guess I just got lucky.

My main point is that with UD 9.8 being on ROM manager I expect a lot of people are going to end up getting it because they purchased ROM Manager when everyone was saying it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and they dont spend a lot of time following updates on this forum. I hope that Blackdroid comes out with his Rom manager soon because I will definitely buy it if it works as well and is as simple as Rom Manager.

I think some of the experts forget that a lot of this stuff is Greek to most people (.adp, .adk, spree, nandroid, etc etc etc) and that programs like ROM manager are the only way that some (probably a lot) of people actually feel comfortable installing Roms.

Either way, I had no problem spending the $4 for Rom Manager and won't hesitate to spend $4 or $5 or $10 for a similar program from Black Droid that is SIMPLE to use and is reliable. I want the developers to make some money on their work otherwise they wont want to continue doing it. I'm actually blown away at the difference in the phone after finally rooting and putting UD on it. I hope things continue this way.

7. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you guys please read this Admin post carefully http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ad...-start-getting-30-days-bans-starting-now.html and adjust your "tactics".

I have been told to immediately Ban people for 30 days when I see comments like those posted here. BUT due to the time those I am speaking about have been members here, I am going to give this one LAST WARNING. Anything further from you (and reading the Admin Post above will make it clear who you are) and I will be forced to take Swift action. Consider yourself on Probation, I and other Admins/Mods will be watching.

Let the Devs deal with who ever is doing what with their ROMs without permission, it really is none of your busniess, and same goes for the situation with BD etc. Let it GO!!

Thread is Closed and Cleaned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.