ROM Manager?

Discussion in 'Galaxy S4 Development' started by trippwojohn, May 25, 2013.

1. trippwojohn

trippwojohn New Member

I spent nearly a day getting my S4 rooted, due to random conflicting instructions on how to do it. I finally got it done. Now I have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how to flash another ROM onto my device, for many of the same reasons. It took FOREVER to figure out how to flash CWM onto my device, since the newer CWM files are .img files, and Odin doesn't like them for some reason. I eventually stumbled upon a reference to "ROM Manager", a device I have been carting around, device to device, but never really used. It took about 15 seconds to flash CWM with it. I did notice, though, that Rom Manager seems to have the capability to flash ROMs, as well. Has anyone used this in this capacity? Successes, failures? I would welcome any and all input before I attempt to try this, and NOT make my phone a brick. Thanks in advance!
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

From my experience with rom manager, make a backup in recovery (CWM) 1st before attempting anything in rom manager. That means booting into recovery manually & not with rom manager. I have the paid version & used it once. It's a nice option/app. But flashing roms & making backups in recovery has always worked better for me. I'll download a rom, boot into recovery & flash from there. And had much better results than doing it all from rom mangler. Ymmv

Tapped from a Nexus
  3. Nemo Aeternamn

Nemo Aeternamn Droid X Rescue Squad Rescue Squad Premium Member

I'm like cjm... I prefer to flash things myself... You can watch over it better just in case

Post script :and also in just saying Odin isn't used to flash image files directly.. They have to be packed properly in a tar ball (file extension tar.gz if I'm thinking correctly) to be able to be used with Odin.... Well the main system files anyways

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"
  4. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

I have used rom manager quite a bit. It works fine. I like the fact that you can rename your back ups before they are made. I used to always forget to rename them before and I never knew which was which.
  5. HassanM

HassanM New Member

Flash your ROM thru CWM for best result...

Sent from my GT-I9500 (Hassan Khalid Malik) using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

how to use rom manager

how to use rom manager samsung galaxy s4

rom manager for verizon samsung galaxy s4

rom manager galaxy s4

what is rom manager

whatis rom manager