Rom manager

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Yeah, that's weird. I've always been able to just delete the backups in a file manager. I don't make backups with ROM Manager though, I make them in recovery.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Me too - which is why I was having such a difficult time helping the guy out.

-Mike

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Scratching my head on this one :blink:

Yeah, that's weird. I've always been able to just delete the backups in a file manager. I don't make backups with ROM Manager though, I make them in recovery.

DroidForums Junkie!!

-Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

sarreq

Reaction score
Is Rom manager bad? I hear good and bad about it and was just wondering. I rooted and used Rom manager to put bb on my phone and it worked fine. Is there anything better to use to add different rom's? Or is this just a personal preferences deal?
off you mean "its it malicious" then no, but it could probably potentially be used maliciously.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

DroidForums Junkie!!

-Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid Does, what I meant was that (like you), I don't use Rom Manager for backing up. I make my backups through CWM Recovery. Consequently, I couldn't really help the guy out much with his problem, since I never do what he attempted to do. :)

-Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

-Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid Does, what I meant was that (like you), I don't use Rom Manager for backing up. I make my backups through CWM Recovery. Consequently, I couldn't really help the guy out much with his problem, since I never do what he attempted to do. :)

-Mike

I thought ClockWork recovery was function of Rom Manager. Can you clarify for me, please. I do not want to pass out incorrect info.

Mike

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been trying for over an hour to get ROM manager to backup my ROM. Everytime I click backup ROM my phone reboots, but I don't see any Zip's on my SDCARD to indicate a successful backup.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am way to scared to go into the recovery to make a backup. I don't know why but I am certain that if I get anywhere close to this I am going to break my phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting into a recovery mode, itself, is not going to damage your phone. You need to be careful of what options you select while in recovery. Making a backup will not cause problems. However, restoring a backup, wiping data and cache (factory) reset will change things all of which are recoverable.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ROM Manager can be used to flash CW (and SPRecovery) but is not required for it to function.
Making backups in recovery is pretty easy and we're here to help. I for one, wouldn't mind walking you through it or anything else you'd like to do :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

-Mike

I thought ClockWork recovery was function of Rom Manager. Can you clarify for me, please. I do not want to pass out incorrect info.

Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was referring to the OP's issue, not what you said :)

-Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

-Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I was referring to the OP's issue, not what you said :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

-Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!

Ahhhh, GMTA! As in Great Minds Think Alike. :icon_ banana:

-Mike